Job Title: Senior Licensing Executive
Reports to: Senior Licensing Manager
NMSI includes The Science Museum London, National Railway Museum York and the National Media Museum Bradford.
The Senior Licensing Executive will help drive the NMSI licensing business forward by developing a platform of solid licensees, powerful retail relationships and astute contract negotiations.
WORK EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & BEHAVIOUR
5.1 Work Experience
· Must have a strong sustained and proven background within the consumer products and retail sector
· Extensive experience in contract negotiation
· Account Management experience
· Product development experience
· Branding and Intellectual property experience acquired within a dynamic licensing environment
· Track record of developing new and existing business categories within the licensing arena
5.2 Skills and Knowledge
· Astute commercial acumen and budget management skills
· Experience of managing and negotiating contracts at a high level
· Proven licensing and product development experience
· The ability and knowledge to bring a portfolio of industry contacts to the table to help build NMSI’s position and reputation in the market place
· Ideas based approach to new business that can add profitability to the bottom line
· The ability to build key, cross functional relationships both internally and externally
· Have excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and face to face
· Good Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Have a focus on delivery and be results driven
· Ability to work with people of all levels, both internally and externally
· A constant drive for improvement
· Show ambition for the business, with a positive can-do attitude
· Able to apply commercial experience and financial knowledge to an organisation with strong public service ethics
· Be a team player
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Ensure maintenance and dynamic growth of the NMSI licensing business with individual responsibility for supporting and driving the business growth via royalties and licensing deals
2. Contribute to the B2B marketing plans, ensuring maximisation of product / retail opportunities
3. Develop strong relationships with leading licensees across categories to ensure continual category growth
4. Develop strong relationships with key retailers to encourage listings, promotions and to explore DTR opportunities as appropriate
5. Monitor all contracts and client relationships to ensure that they are processed correctly, are on budget and ensure all royalty reports are being tracked
6. Develop and present a category sales plans to the Senior Licensing Manager and the Head of Commercial Development B2B
7. Liaise with the creative team on product development
8. Capitalise on any revenue and business opportunities as they relate to each brand, and work with Creative team to develop the necessary sales tools to deliver new business categories
9. Attend UK and International trade fairs as required, both as a visitor and exhibitor
10. Evaluate and consider opportunities presented by key stake holders throughout NMSI
11. Take care of your personal health and safety and that of others and report any health and safety concerns. Ensure proactive compliance with NMSI H&S Policies, including risk assessments and implementing safe systems of work
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
This is an NMSI-wide role that requires working contacts across the organisation and externally with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders on a variety of projects, in order to facilitate project delivery.
SCOPE FOR IMPACT
Commercial performance as measured against budget, forecast and year on year growth in licensing, in specific categories as defined by Senior Licensing Manager.
Continue to grow the NMSI licensing business in both the commercial and heritage sector.
Are you a talented professional in the licensing or IP fields? Would you like to exercise your skills across several of the world’s most prestigious museums? NMSI Enterprises Ltd is the commercial function of a national group of museums including the Science Museum, the National Railway Museum and the National Media Museum. Our brand licensing programme’s aim is to promote and sell NMSI intellectual property utilising our collections, imagery, content and trademarks across a wide variety of product ranges.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed individual who will thrive with a busy and varied workload. Using your commercial background gained preferably in a brand licensing environment to develop existing and new licensing business across all our brands, and generate revenue for our museums.
A creative thinker with strong negotiation skills, you will work proactively to identify opportunities for the commercial use of NMSI owed Intellectual Property. Good budgeting and communication skills are required.
Please assume that you have not been successful if you are not contacted.
We offer excellent benefits. These include 33 days’ annual leave (including public holidays), BUPA dental and medical cover, an interest-free annual season ticket or bicycle loan and a generous company pension scheme.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your application to Recruitment@sciencemuseum.org.uk
1) Please read the job description fully and then consider the following questions carefully:
a. What do you perceive to be the key strengths of the Science Museum brand?
b. Considering the Health and Beauty category for the Science Museum – what are the key products and partners you would consider developing?
c. A potential licensee has approached NMSI about developing a Flying Scotsman branded cuckoo-clock – what would you consider when evaluating this opportunity?
d. What has been your best licensing deal to date and why?
2) Please email or post the following, to the contact details below:
· A covering letter which includes separately numbered answers to all of the questions above, in addition to anything else you want to tell us.
· A copy of your CV
· Current salary package