As one of the world’s leading software publishers and developers, SEGA distributes for a variety of hardware platforms such as Xbox 360, PlayStation, Nintendo, PC and wireless devices. We are very proud of our varied portfolio, boasting some of the bestselling and award-winning titles in the video-gaming world including Sonic The Hedgehog™, Football Manager™, Virtua Tennis™ and the Total War™ series.
SEGA has always been synonymous with great games and we plan to continue this incredible brand heritage, encouraging creative talent from our worldwide development studios, rich arcade heritage, huge brand recognition and the determination to set new standards in interactive entertainment.
Our European Publishing division operates on behalf of our Japanese parent company, who remains a worldwide leader for interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home.
The licensing division at SEGA is experiencing rapid growth and in order to meet the demands of the increasing customer base we're currently looking for a Licensing Manager to take on responsibilities for day-to-day management of licensees and the on-going work of growing the business with new licensing deals across Europe.
The Licensing Manager will report to the Head of Brand Licensing (Europe) and will be responsible for driving revenue to deliver to a financial target. The main IP for licensing is Sonic The Hedgehog but there are also licensing opportunities across a number of retro videogames titles. The role will involve extensive travel in order to attend trade fairs and regional meetings with clients. The person will be in charge of identifying suitable partners, negotiate and close deals across a number of product categories such as publishing, collectibles, stationery and more. Close liaison with key retailers to drive sell through is also a must.
The successful candidate will have excellent negotiation skills and strategic business acumen, and an ability to move quickly on opportunities. Strong communication is key to the role and languages such as French, German and Spanish will be very useful. The right person will have a can do attitude combined with an ability to adapt to changing and fast moving market conditions.
· Successfully identify suitable licensing partners
· Negotiate and close deals across product categories e.g. publishing, collectibles, stationery etc
· Work towards and exceed revenue targets
· Maintain close liaison with existing licensees and assist them in driving sales. Carry out regular update meetings with the licensees and obtain reports with regards to PD progress, sales and forecasts
· Manage relationships with key retailers to drive sell through
· Attend trade fairs and other regional meetings with existing as well as prospective licensees
· Contribute to the overall strategic planning for the licensing programme across Europe
· Liaise with other departments within SEGA to obtain brand information and regional market data
· Assist in the day-to-day management of the licensing programme including dealing with requests from licensees and retailers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Solid business acumen
· Extensive licensing experience in related entertainment industries
· Previous experience with licensing partners
· Excellent communication/presentation skills
· Languages such as French, German and/or Spanish would be advantageous.
· Focused, proactive, ambitious and career-minded
· Flexible approach to work with willingness to take on extra responsibilities outside the remit of the job description
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Ability to multi-task and prioritise with minimal supervision.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.
If you would like to apply for this job please click here, sending your CV and a covering letter