Sony Computer Entertainment Europe is the central support organisation for over 100 countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Australasia, marketing some of the world’s most popular computer games platforms - PlayStation®2, PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable), PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Network.
We are looking for a talented Licensing Manager to develop licensed products across European markets.
The main function of the Licensing Manager role is to grow the current licensee base across IPs and oversee agents in local markets that will be negotiating and executing deals on our behalf. Ultimately these deals must support the PlayStation brand and 1st party software IPs whilst increasing revenue and gross profit in line with targets. We currently have agents in Australia, Spain and Italy and so are looking for other companies to help us in other key regions.
Whilst this role is sales focused, as part of the licensee management process there is a significant level of account management involved.
The job will involve:
· Developing and growing revenue through licensing deals to successfully meet yearly sales targets.
· Account managing the day to day activity of local agents, ensuring that they have all the information and support to negotiate relevant and profitable local deals
· Assisting in setting objectives and targets for Pan–Euro agents
· Negotiating Pan Euro license agreements across a number of products
· Account managing all licensees brought on board and ensure a harmonious product range at retail.
· Working with product managers to develop all support material required for agents, including style guides, brand and IP presentations
· Developing all materials needed for trade activity – eg trade stands, sales sheets etc and attend key events across the course of the year.
· Product, packaging and advertising material approval to be processed and managed on a day-to-day basis.
· Reviewing forecasts and sales with licensees on a quarterly basis, to feed into Head of Licensing
· Working with territories to maximise the output of the local agents, ensuring that all activity works alongside local activity promoting the brand and IP.
· Working with the Head of Licensing and other licensing manager to develop the strategic direction of the licensing area, shaping the business for the future.
· Monitoring royalty performance, taking action if all the activity is not hitting budgets
You will need:
· Strong experience in a consumer/retail licensing company.
· Experience of managing European licensees and licensing agents
· Experience of negotiating pan-euro deals
· Proactive and used to negotiating and achieving sales targets/business objectives.
· Self starter with a proactive approach to sales and account management.
· Ideally has experience of Entertainment industry
· Experience with high street apparel deals would be useful
· Able to prioritise work load with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines; resourceful with managing projects.
· Ability to take information from different sources and relay it across various territories.
· Strong interpersonal skills; team player and willingness to give assistance to co-workers.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Works well independently.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to work with many different dynamics.
· Ability to work well within different computer programs and formats, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
· European languages is a bonus but not a necessity.
To apply for this Licensing Manager position, please click "apply now"