About the Company
As an industry leader, Mattel prides itself on being led by its people in the dynamic fast moving consumer goods industry. We look for people that are excited by a challenge, want to be rewarded for performance and who are motivated to make things happen.
We strive to create an environment that fosters creativity and talent enabling our people to bring to market some of the most popular and well-known brands in the toy industry. Our people are the driving force behind our brands, and much like our brands, our people need development and growth opportunities. We believe that as our employees grow professionally, so will Mattel. Our people development program addresses training, professional development, reward and promotion. Fresh ideas and insight drive our business as we inspire wonder in the next generation to shape a brighter tomorrow.
Consumer Products Associate - Softlines
You will be a key member of Mattel’s Regional Consumer Products team, managing key softline categories in line with global and regional brand & category priorities. We are looking for someone to manage the day-to-day licensing business relationships with softline partners, identifying pitches and negotiating new business opportunities – including the day to day liaison with internal & external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be the Category leader for assigned categories across the EuRoMEA Region, which takes into account Europe, Middle-East/Africa and Russia. Categories include Lunchware, Back to School, Health and Beauty, Accessories.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-motivated professional with a passion for product development; someone who is able to demonstrate an awareness of current market trends, be commercially astute, and development solid relationships with stakeholders across the business. A driven individual who can effectively negotiate and present to others – in addition to being a flexible and proactive member of our team.
You will have a degree or equivalent in either Marketing or Business (or related field) – in addition to at least 2 year’s previous experience within the Licensing industry. We would very much welcome candidates with a design related qualification, although not completely essential.
- Managing existing licensing deals and licensee relationships and gather specific category & retail information – in addition to securing new licensing deals and negotiating renewals
- Conducting quarterly business reviews and tracking financial goals
- Negotiate deal terms and submit for legal drafting ensuring all relevant approvals have been gathered and all information required is present and correct
- Researching, identifying and pitching new category opportunities to prospective clients
- Working closely with the Product Development, Creative and Quality & Assurance teams on getting first class product to market and working closely with Retail Development, Digital, PR, Regional Franchise and Local Brand teams to develop joint business plans
- Implementing marketing and promotional strategies in liaison with internal & external stakeholders
- Act as category lead for assigned categories for the EuRoMEA region and manage the extension of local deals into additional EuRoMEA countries
- Gather and share category best practice from across the EuRoMEA region, with local teams
- Preparing brand pitch and marketing presentations across Mattel’s IP portfolio of brands
- General coordination of the team, in order to ensure the efficient running and effective working of the team
- Attend Trade Fairs such as Brand Licensing Europe, or category specific shows
What you can Expect
If this opportunity interests you then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and salary expectations through to MaidenheadHR@Mattel.com. You can expect a competitive salary and benefits package including half day Fridays and flexible working practices