EMEA Art Director FMCG -Toys and Retail
Warner Bros. Consumer Products EMEA
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. is the entertainment arm of the world’s leading communications company, Time Warner. Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. comprises numerous separate divisions including Television, Home Video, Theatrical, On-line and Consumer Products.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products license the intellectual property rights of the Warner Bros portfolio, including the Looney Tunes, Harry Potter, Scooby Doo, Batman, Superman, Tom & Jerry and Flintstones. We license these rights to manufacturing companies in return for a royalty.
Our business covers many categories spanning publishing, food, toys, apparel, housewares, accessories, personal care, domestics, gifts, stationery, promotions and interactive games.
Overview of the role:
Develop and execute creative projects in accordance with EMEA creative & Product Development strategies, plus day-to-day management of EMEA FMCG/Toys and Retail creative staff. This position is instrumental in ensuring that innovative, exciting, trend right products are developed by Warner Bros. Consumer Products Licensees and retailers.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Trend and Design
- Develop and ensure adherence to Warner Bros. branding guidelines.
- Contribute to regional creative developments - key consumer segments/ trends (sync with business priorities).
- Work closely with EMEA VP Creative/PD to develop creative assets to support the EMEA regional strategies.
- Drive strong Category, Sales, and Licensee partnerships, regarding product design and execution of compelling product and retail pitches.
- Manage the day to day product development direction.
- Provide direction, expertise and support for relevant product categories.
- Effective communication and facilitation across relevant categories.
- Work to advance and elevate product quality and value.
- Help define and develop best practices.
- Day to day management of the FMCG/Toys and Retail Creative/Product.
- Development team.
- Innovate design and storytelling for relevant categories.
- Providing guidance, inspiration and motivation to FMCG/Toys and Retail creative support team.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships as appropriate with licensees and retailers.
- Present to relevant retailers, licensees and vendors.
- Partner with category team leads to develop overall needs of relevant business sectors.
- Help define regional trend direction and inspiration.
- Analyze team performance on a regular basis.
- Create and foster a creative "community" to leverage resources and promote best practices.
- Prepare and execute presentations to retailers, licensees and other areas of Warner Bros.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Extensive experience in FMCG/Toy/Retail design and product development.
- Ability to create, drive and execute art direction.
- Proven excellent organizational, managerial and leadership skills
- Must have production/technical experience designing product
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing and product construction
- Ability to identify key trends
- Must understand, product development and sell through process
- Experience in creative brand management and/or retail merchandising
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence key stakeholders
- Experience within both vertical and licensing business models preferable
- Able to travel as required