Head of Marketing
Melissa & Doug
Based in Rickmansworth, Herts
Competitive salary + bonus + benefits
Our client, Melissa & Doug, makes toys and other products that offer Countless Ways to Play. There is a real belief that the best playthings are often simple concepts that inspire children to come up with their own twists.
The business is rapidly expanding and has ambitious growth plans. This is an exciting opportunity to join the organisation working with the EU Sales and HQ Marketing Teams to develop and execute Digital and Trade Marketing Strategy focused on European and International sales.
- Work with HQ to adapt marketing plans for the EU market and detail a creative rolling 3 year European marketing plan.
- Be the key contact person between HQ Marketing and EU Sales. You will also need to evaluate and recommend brand marketing channels and roll out for key countries, leveraging HQ expertise.
- Execute HQ brand and POS materials in local markets. Localize materials as needed. Source local printers and distributors to ensure cost efficiency and timely delivery of materials.
- Be seen as the “expert “in a competitive marketplace including product, category, price and packaging.
- Collaborate with HQ on the design of product displays. Source local manufacturers and distributors for cost efficient creation and shipping.
- Identify key EU retailers to develop retailer specific trade marketing plans.
- Work with HQ to design retailer specific in-store fixtures to enhance Melissa & Doug branding and drive sales.
- Develop trade marketing guidelines for key retailers.
- Develop template for local market trade shows including design, creation and participation. Work closely with HQ shows to ensure consistent vision and strategy.
- Adapt in-store US independent program for relevant local markets.
- Co-ordinate with HQ marketing on the roll out of the Gallup/Melissa & Doug survey to UK.
- Liaise with packaging taxonomy group on 8L package design.
- Align digital media campaigns with HQ goals, locally investigate and implement digital marketing strategies to get ahead of our competitors.
- Work with the European Ecommerce Manager to benchmark and standardise the approach to this channel.
You will have:
- At least 5 years’ marketing experience.
- A good understanding of the Toy / Licensing markets or other aligned consumer durable market.
- A solid awareness of the sales process and retailer needs.
- The ability to build brands with the trade and consumer.
- A strategic approach with the ability to influence and persuade others.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with a real drive to get things done.
- A hands on attitude and approach to the role.
(Other European languages will be an advantage).
If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please call David Evans on 0118 940 5100.
Free Play* Creativity * Imagination * Learning * Discovery