The Consumer Products division provides services for the licensing business of Hasbro International Inc. (HII). We are currently recruiting for a Product Development Specialist, reporting to the EMEA Creative Director – Consumer Products
The purpose of this role is:
- Managing all product and packaging approvals in line with key strategic business goals and Core Style Guide Direction – ensuring commercial requirements and timelines are achieved.
You will be responsible for:
- Work with the other PD and Category Managers and collaborate with licensees to drive best practices and to ensure product innovation, brand consistency and quality compliance.
- Work with the EMEA Creative Director, Global Product Development Director, PD colleagues and Category Managers to brief licensees regarding Product Development at key strategic briefing sessions/workshops.
- Work with licensees to develop product in line with the latest style guides and product development calendar, ensuring key milestones are achieved, tracking and communicating key information on a timely basis
- Proactively manage the local product and packaging approval processes using the LAS system and managing the workload within the 10-day turnaround standard.
- Educate licensees and maintain understanding of all necessary Hasbro tools such as LAS, HCSP, Product and Packaging Style Guides and Approvals, ensuring all relevant materials such as style guides, pitches etc. are provided.
- Set up and maintain an archive of all approved artwork, samples and production for all product and packaging developed.
- Co-ordinate the logistics and delivery of all relevant supporting materials, concept boards, pitch kits and samples for market needs, ensuring efficient use of resources and deadlines are met.
- Undertake research projects on an as needed basis, to maintain an up to date knowledge of competitive landscape, product, price and retail trends for the market via comp shops, publications and on-line research etc.
- Play an active part in the wider creative community – work and build relationships with the other Product Development Specialists
- Act as a “brand ambassador”
The successful candidate will possess:
- Previous experience of working with Hasbro or an equivalent entertainment brand, or within a category industry would be beneficial
- Experience in Licensing is highly desired
- Experience in Product Development/Approvals
- Must have an eye for detail and a desire for consistency
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to manage multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, Excel etc.
- Confident in collating presentation material together and using relevant software such as PowerPoint
- Clear, concise written and oral communication essential
- Comfortable working alone and as part of a wider team
- Must be able to collaborate
- Must be fluent in English
- HND/Degree level educated, preferably in product development/design or marketing /management.