Licensing & Talent Specialist
Ubisoft is composed of over 14,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 80% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world. The company’s 28 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
The licensing business development department is looking for a Licensing & Talent Specialist.
You will be in charge of licenses acquisition.
You will be responsible for any internal pictures and brands acquisition to include them in our video games (cars licenses in a racing game for example).
You will be in charge of:
- Defining with internal teams objectives and needs in terms of rights and use
- Identifying brands and assignees in different fields: pop culture, TV, cinema, sport, etc.
- Building innovative and designed economic models to lead negotiations and agreements; you have experience in building different business models in the licensing field, know how to build sales offers (deal memo) and understand business plans or P&L
- Leading collaboration between assignees and Ubisoft teams throughout the complete game production and its life after the launch.
- Reporting key information on projects: warnings and progress on the project, collaboration post-mortem, financial results, …
Besides, you will be in charge of talent acquisition too.
You will be responsible for building partnerships with celebrities (cinema, TV, sport) to include their name, voice, face into some of our games.
This mission involves:
- Identifying Ubisoft studios’ needs or proactively creating needs by talking with the studios.
- Your affinity with audiovisual and ideally video games in particular will help to imagine relevant talent incorporation in our games. Your network (celebrities, providers, agents, etc.) will allow you to identify celebrities and meet more easily our requirements.
- Leading contracts negotiations with celebrities: insuring that deadlines and guarantees are met. Your external contacts will be casting agencies, stars’ managers, stars agencies, essentially but not only based in the US. Knowing SAG AFTRA regulations are a plus.
- Managing the project: you will collaborate with internal teams and celebrities to insure services are properly delivered and contracts are fulfilled.
- Animating an external network (celebrities, casting directors, agents) and an internal one (producers, marketing teams) to demonstrate reactivity and ability in setting-up and managing projects.
You have 3 to 6 years experience in the licensing domain or audiovisual production project management.
You know how to collaborate with casting agencies or celebrities agencies and to negotiate with celebrities.
You like negotiating and satisfying all the involved stakeholders.
You are passionate about Entertainment (pop culture) and ideally video games.
Your English is fluent.
You are willing to travel for work several times a year.