Division: Brand Development
Position: Marketing Manager – Consumer Products (FTC)
Reports to: Country Director, Consumer Products UK & Ireland (hard line) and EMEA Franchise VP (dotted)
Universal Pictures were the first of the modern Hollywood studios, and over their one hundred years, they have been responsible for some of the world’s most memorable feature films. The home of ET, Jurassic Park, Despicable Me, Jason Bourne, Dracula, Bridget Jones, Mamma Mia!, The Mummy, Les Miserables, King Kong and the unstoppable Fast & Furious franchise, to name a few.
Universal Consumer Products International oversees NBCUniversal's consumer product and digital licensing for Universal Pictures, NBC Television, Focus Features and Sprout Channel. Universal Consumer Products International is part of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing Franchise marketing strategies for the UK across NBCUniversal’s portfolio of Film, TV and Heritage franchises.
Strategically aligning with the EMEA franchise team, the role will leverage the richness of NBCUniversal’s entertainment content to build campaigns that support a sustainable business model and one that achieves annual revenue targets for the UK.
He/she will input into UK based consumer products and retail strategies and become the brand ambassador for the UK CP team.
- Develop UK brand marketing plans for defined, prioritized franchises in conjunction with the regional franchise team to ensure alignment of EMEA and UK strategies
- Build and implement Franchise Activation plans aligned with EMEA Franchise Campaigns, maximizing Global and Regional assets & toolkits
- Manage the LOCAL marketing agency to ensure defined elements of local brand marketing plan are executed in a timely and relevant manner, within budget.
- Input into consumer products strategies and launch plans for upcoming TV and film properties
- Responsible for managing UK Brand Marketing budget and building campaigns in accordance with UK franchise priorities
- Be the UK liaison and point of contact for Franchise Marketing initiatives between EMEA Franchise and UK CP teams.
- Be the UK liaison and point of contact for LIVE Events and Character Spokesperson initiatives between EMEA Franchise and UK CP teams.
- Working with EMEA franchise team and UK team to brainstorm potential promotional / brand partners for each key franchise and then pitching, negotiating and implementing UK campaigns
- Development of impactful UK consumer PR initiatives to build brand awareness, engage consumers and ultimately drive commercial revenues
- Develop brand lead media campaigns specific to the local market
- Activate and localise brand marketing plans set up by regional franchise team
- Activate local influencer and digital campaigns to raise awareness of our brands and consumer products
- Work with TV marketing team to enhance platform activity with local broadcasters
- Work with local theatrical team to leverage heavyweight film marketing activity for consumer products
- Working with licensees and retailers to ensure involvement in brand marketing campaigns where relevant
- Responsible for all local marketing approvals liaising regionally and globally at key defined stages
- Liaison with internal business units - local retail and category teams, regional creative and franchise teams plus local HE, digital, TV and theatrical teams
- Build local Trade PR plan as in market communication flowing from EMEA Trade PR plan
- Manage trade PR for the UK liaising closely with the regional franchise team where applicable and UK Director on key UK messages
- Support UK teams on local Trade Marketing events
- Provide input and support to the UK retail team to maximise reach of retail campaigns
- Keep local franchise presentations fully up to date with local information and share with the team & EMEA franchise accordingly
- Being the point person to collate messages for weekly and monthly newsletters (internal and external)
Further responsibilities may be included as the business evolves
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Brand management experience essential and within a licensing environment preferred
- Proven track record of building brands in a commercial environment including social and digital marketing execution
- Strong understanding of brand and property positioning, and marketing to kids / families
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment
- Flexible/ability to adjust to a fast paced and ever changing business environment
- Team player
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Able to diplomatically work with and influence third parties, both internal and external
- Driven, passionate and highly motivated
- A sociable personality