Entertainment One UK is looking to expand their product development team by recruiting a Product Development Executive. The role will focus on undertaking cross-category approval and providing creative support to eOne licensees/agents. The role will work across eOne Family’s portfolio of successful brands, including Peppa Pig, PJ Masks, Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom and on other emerging new brands.
- Responsible for day-to-day management and products approvals for UK and International categories.
- Provide creative directions/assets and feedback to licensees/agents on both 2D and 3D product submissions to ensure brand values and product quality are maintained.
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with internal/external stakeholders and manage studio/third party input where applicable.
- Feedback artwork requirements for assigned categories to Product Development Manager so they can be incorporated into style guide updates.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of eOne properties and creative assets.
- Work with relevant Licensing Manager to ensure that all licensed articles go into development in line with terms outlined in contracts.
- Maintain market knowledge of products falling within assigned categories, research key product and retail trends to maximise merchandising opportunities for current and new properties.
- In conjunction with relevant Licensing Manager, attend development meetings with licensees and agents (where/when feasible) to plan ranges, gain understanding of their product requirements and their retail environment, address issues impacting the development process.
- Provide creative support to Marketing team and review marketing material and collaterals.
- Update UK and International Product Catalogues for sales and marketing purposes.
- Ensure approvals correspondence and imagery is logically stored and accessible on the server.
- Manage storage of contractual samples.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and visual).
- Experience across all main category areas including hard lines, soft lines, publishing, personal care and FMCG.
- Ability to identify and solve design/concept problems.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
- Graphic design experience desirable.
- General knowledge of manufacturing process and how they apply to products.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of product development in a licensing environment. He/she will be able to demonstrate knowledge of product development applied to licensed products and basic creative skills.