The first port of call for all things Licensing Awards is the newly upgraded website www.thelicensingawards.com – here you can have a laugh at the photo gallery, check out past winners, order tickets and oh yes, enter the Awards.
There are Awards covering retail, properties, products, marketing and the Honorary Achievement Award, each with their own entering procedure. Also, the closing dates may differ for the different types of awards.
Believe us, entering isn’t complicated – and it’s free – but getting it right is important when it comes to maximising your chances, so here are our handy hints.
Also remember to follow The Licensing Awards on Facebook and Twitter for useful tips along the way (if your privacy settings are correct then any personal accounts won’t be visable any questions just call Kilogrammedia on 01279 778 919 or e-mail email@example.com)
The Product Awards – Closing date May 31st 2013 – enter via a form downloadable from
These awards are open to licensees (but licensors may enter products on behalf of licensees)
1. Download the entry form from the Awards website. http://www.thelicensingawards.co.uk/downloads/PRODUCTEntryvotingform2013.pdf
2. Use one form for each product (photocopying the blank form is fine)
3. Ensure all the products you plan to enter were introduced at retail in the UK between June 1st 2012 and May 31st 2013.
4. Entries should be licence-specific – ie based on one particular licence.
5. Entries should be for a licensed product range – if there is only one product in a category that will count as a ‘range’. So a ‘range’ can be a collection of books featuring the same licence from the same publisher, but can also be a standalone book. This applies to all the product categories.
6. The one exception to this is the Innovation Award. Products are entered as one licensed item. The item can also be entered in another category but a separate form should be completed and sample be sent.
7. Make sure you enter the right category! For example fashion accessories should be entered under the gift category and NOT apparel – there is guidance on the form.
8. Entering can either be done by the licensee or the licensor (on behalf of the licensee).
9. Now list the names of the products in the range and the RRPs – a maximum of five per range can be enetred.
10. Don’t forget to enter the company name of the licensee, the name of the range and when it went into retail. PAPERWORK COMPLETED.
11. Finally, package up the products with the completed form and make they reach Max Publishing’s offices no later than May 31st 2013.
The Retailer Awards – closing date May 31st – Nominations can be made online or via a printable form. Both options can be found at http://www.thelicensingawards.co.uk/how-to-enter
The Retailer Awards categories are open to nominations from licensees and licensors.
1. Decide if you would prefer to nominate online or download the form.
2. Remember your nominations must reward the creativity and professionalism demonstrated by retailers in the last year – June 1st 2012 –31st May 2013
3. Consider the criteria
• Nominees should be ‘bricks and mortar’ and/or online/mail order retailers of licensed products.
• The new Radar Award is for retailers who have ‘come on the radar’ by upping their licensing activities in the last year.
• Nominees must trade in the UK.
• Nominess should excel in their commitment to licensed product, product selection, marketing, display, realising sales potential, retailing environment, customer care and online activity.
The Best Licensed Marketing and Communication Award – closing date May 21st 2013 – enter online via http://www.thelicensingawards.co.uk/how-to-enter
This award is open to entries from licensors, licensees, retailers or third parties involved in the marketing initiative.
1) The nominated campaign can cover any kind of marketing communication including TV advertising, poster campaign, on pack promotion or sponsorship for any product or service related to a brand other than the licensed property itself and it can cover the promotion of a charity.
2) The award IS NOT for the promotion of a property itself, but rather the use of a property in association with an unrelated brand.
3) The campaign must have taken place between 1st April 2012 – 1st April 2013
4) Consider the criteria:
• Creative use of the licence (30%)
• Effectiveness of the campaign (30%)
• Quality of the execution (30%)
• Management of the partnership (10%)
5) When considering the campaign effectiveness demonstrate if possible any financial uplift the promoted brand experienced as a result of its association with the licensed property.
6) Remember to upload relevant visuals/footage.
The Honorary Achievement Award – closing date June 30th 2013 – enter online via http://www.thelicensingawards.co.uk/how-to-enter
This award is open to nominations from those involved in any aspect of the licensing industry.
1) This very special award is to acknowledge an individual (supplier or retailer) who has contributed greatly to the UK licensing industry.
2) Simply consider which of your industry colleague you feel deserves the award and why then complete the online form, remember to give reasons for your nomination.
The Property Awards – closing date June 28th 2013 – enter online via http://www.thelicensingawards.co.uk/how-to-enter
These awards are open to all licensors and brand owners.
1. The various categories each have their own online forms found under The Property Award heading in the How to Enter section of the Awards website.
2. Licensors may enter as many categories as are considered appropriate for their properties.
3. More than one property can be entered by a licensor in any given category but each property must have its own form.
4. The property can be from any medium but must have been active in licensing between May 31st 2012 and June 1st 2013 and demonstrated successful licensing activity in the last year.
5. THE EXCEPTION is the Best Classic property which is judged on a property’s performance over at least the last decade.
So that’s it, but if you do have any further questions so contact Ian Hyder at The Licensing Awards on 020 7700 6740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to receive up to the minute licensing industry news straight to your inbox? Click here to sign up for the free Licensing.biz Daily Digest and Newsflash services. You can also follow Licensing.biz on Twitter and Facebook.