Disney Consumer Products’ Star Wars won four awards at the 2016 LIMA International Licensing Awards.
For the first time, a European venue was selected as the winner of the Location-Based/Experiential Initiative Award with AMC and Parque de Atracciones de Madrid (Striker Entertainment) scooping the trophy for its The Walking Dead walk-through attraction.
“This year’s award winners are definitive leaders in their respective categories and across the entire licensing landscape. Once again, nominees and award recipients truly exemplify licensing excellence in all corners of the globe,” said LIMA president Charles Riotto.
The full list of LIMA’s 2016 International Licensing Awards winners follows:
- Art/Design: The Very Hungry Caterpillar/The World of Eric Carle – owned by Eric Carle Studio, represented by Joester Loria Group
- Celebrity/Fashion: cupcakes and cashmere – represented by Brand Central, LLC
- Character/Toy Brand: Shopkins – owned by Moose Toys, represented by The Licensing Shop, Inc.
- Corporate Brand: Girl Scouts of the USA – represented by The Wildflower Group
- Digital: Candy Crush Saga – owned by King Digital Entertainment, represented by Striker Entertainment, LLC
- Film/TV/Entertainment – Animated: Peppa Pig – Entertainment One
- Film/TV/Entertainment – Live-Action: Star Wars: The Force Awakens –Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media
- Food & Beverage/Restaurant: Corona, Constellation
- Brands – represented by Joester Loria Group
- Licensed Promotion: Star Wars: Force Friday/Unboxing Program – Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media
- Location-Based or Experiential Initiative: AMC and Parque de Atracciones de Madrid – AMC’s The Walking Dead, represented by Striker
- Entertainment Retailer: Hot Topic – Doctor Who licensing programme
- Sports: NFLPA
- Apparel/Footwear/Accessories: Peter Alexander for Sesame Street (sleepwear, outwear and accessories)
- Appliances/Automotive/Electronics/Hardware/Housewares/Paint: The Sherwin-Williams Company for HGTV HOME paint
- Digital: Story Toys for The World of Eric Carle/The Very Hungry Caterpillar (apps)
- Food/Beverage: The Republic of Tea for Downton Abbey
- Health & Beauty Aids: Lovehoney for Motörhead Official Pleasure Collection
- Home Decor: Pottery Barn for Star Wars Millennium Falcon Bed
- Publishing/Social Expression/Back-to-School: Moleskine for Batman Limited Edition Collection
- Toys/Games/Novelties/Role-Play: Sphero for Star Wars BB-8 app-enabled Droid