The International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association (LIMA) will host its annual UK Licensing Essentials Course next month, exploring licensors’ and licensees’ adaptation to the retail environment and how today’s children are interacting with licensed brands.
The course will take place on May 23rd at 54 Buckingham Gate in London, and will boast “content for everyone from industry newcomers to accomplished veterans alike.” The day will feature seminars on best practices, basic licensing know-how, new opportunities and current industry trends.
Kelvyn Gardner, managing director of LIMA UK, will kick off the day with an Introduction to Licensing session, while Licensing Essentials speakers will include:
- Dawn Lavalette, Wow! Stuff – Making licensing work for manufacturers
- Gary Pope, Kids Industries – How children Interact with licensed brands
- Max Templeman, GFK – Measuring audiences in SVOD platforms, Netflix, Amazon and others
- Richard Pink, Pink Key – The role of the licensing agent
- Tim Collins, The Brand Director – new developments in marketing for licensors and retailers
- Plus speakers on legal, financial, experiential licensing and other key topics
The second segment of the day begins at 5pm with the annual Legendary Licensing Debate – a discussion on licensing, ‘Question Time’ style. Following the debate will be the UK’s industry-wide pre- Licensing Expo networking event, the annual Spring Fling Party, sponsored by Flowhaven. Last year’s event drew over 150 senior industry executives.
Gardner said: “In one day, participants will get enough information to understand how licensing works, how to go about it, the resources they need and who they need to work with – as well as exclusive insights into trends not available anywhere else.
“Our Spring Fling networking party in the evening also gives people the opportunity to build valuable business relationships, discuss important issues and catch up with contacts. Do not miss it.”
To make a booking please visit: https://limalecspringfling2019.eventbrite.co.uk
Early-bird prices, available until MONTH DD, start from £299 for the full day and £50 for the Spring Fling.