Acamar Films is an award-winning television production and distribution company with a growing international mission to create iconic content. Founded in 2005, Acamar Films is the creator of the hit pre-school series ‘Bing’. Since its debut on the BBC in 2014, Acamar’s hit pre-school series Bing has gone on to achieve considerable international success, with highlights including winning an International Emmy and Writers Guild Award as well as being a BAFTA nominee; distributed to 130 territories globally; the number one most requested pre-school title on BBC iPlayer; gained three billion lifetime views on YouTube, and we have launched the Bing app, with 1 million downloads within 18 months.
In addition, Acamar has grown our strategic rights licensing arm, exploiting Bing’s IP rights internationally. There are now 5,000 Bing licensed products and formats including toys, games, books, theme parks, live events and digital products.
This is a hugely exciting time to join Acamar Films, with plans to take its proven track record for building enduring audiences to the USA, South America and Asia.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Licensing Director of Europe, Middle East and Africa, the Senior Licensing Manager, International will secure and manage licensing agents across the region to deliver annual agreed revenues across all categories by implementation and execution of the EMEA licensing roll out strategy. Key objectives will be management of specific territories and increasing revenues by working closely with agents to develop joint business plans and programmes of consumer products roll outs. Working closely with internal Acamar teams to provide all necessary updates as well as sales tool kits to agents, and ensuring product launches are supported via Acamar’s digital platforms. The successful candidate will liaise closely with our master toy licensee to ensure market-appropriate toys are launched in the market and supported in line with Acamar’s licensing and product development strategy.
The role will cover all areas of consumer products from identifying agents, conducting due diligence and ensuring excellent onboarding by first-class inductions. Driving sales and commercial opportunities in specific markets as well as identifying pan-European or multi-territory opportunities, the role will involve some travel to trade shows and relevant markets.
This position works closely with internal teams including product development, live events and promotions, marketing, content and audiences, YouTube, digital, social media, production and design.
You will have first-class experience over a number of years in the pre-school sector and will be a commercially minded strategic thinker, passionate about developing a licensing programme that will delight our audience across the region.
What You’ll Do
- Agent and territory management
- Identify, appoint and induct new agents
- Drive revenue through agents and pan-regional or direct agreements
- Implement and execute the EMEA licensing strategy in collaboration with the Director of Licensing, EMEA
- Management of deal memo and contract process
- Commercial management of all allocated partners ensuring updated information and resources
- Conducting competitor analysis
- Work with the wider team on revenue growth strategies for new territories such as the U.S.
- Development of long-term, sustainable business and delivering on annual targets
- Ensuring all deals are communicated in a timely way
- Making sure that key retailers across EMEA are kept abreast of Bing IP through brand presentations and retail roadshows (independently and in conjunction with agents)
- Ensure timely preparation of retail listings each season by market
- Work with the Director of Licensing, EMEA to recommend CMF and marketing spend as appropriate for key markets to ensure sales support and retail activations across key product categories e.g. competition prizes, instore events, point of sale
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure market and product roll out alignment
- Work with the Content and Marketing teams on a key product release calendar to ensure key product launches are being highlighted to the Bing community via Acamar’s social media platforms
- Travel to key international markets as required
What You’ll Bring
- A passion for licensing
- Excellent at building relationships and able to forge strategic relationships with retailers directly as well as in collaboration with agents
- Proven and demonstrable track record of successful pre-school licensing
- Excellent organisational ability
- Minimum of Intermediate level user of Excel and PowerPoint
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a high-growth team in a medium-sized organisation
- A thorough and detailed knowledge of Bing, its ethos and content
Most importantly, the best qualified candidate will be strongly aligned with Acamar core values, which include: collaboration, creativity, curiosity, diversity, and kindness.
Candidates should apply via www.acamarfilms.com/careers