Rovio Entertainment has appointed several new licensing agencies in EMEA to help both the licensor and local licensees realise the full potential of the Angry Birds brand.
Teaming up alongside CLM in South Africa, Sinerji in Turkey and Megalicense in Russia, the following agents have joined Rovio’s robust network of top-tier local agents in EMEA:
- Biplano in France, Spain and Portugal
- Bulldog Licensing in the UK
- European Licensing Company in Poland, Hungary and Easter Europe
- Peter Bichler of Lizenzwerft Gmbh in Germany
- Maurizo Distefano of The Evolution of Licensing in Italy
- Nordic Licensing Company in Scandinavia and Benelux
- 20too Licensing in the Middle East
This new agent network has been formed to reflect Rovio’s commitment to driving faster growth through a simplified business structure that is enhanced by experienced third partners.
“Whilst the appeal of Angry Birds is clearly universal, the consumer products business is much more local by nature,” commented Rovio’s Chief Commercial Officer Alex Lambeek.
“As we journey towards the release of the first Angry Birds movie in May 2016, expert agents with forensic local knowledge and solid retail relationships will play a vital role in maximizing every viable business opportunity through the creation of bespoke licensing programmes that acknowledge and embrace the regional nuances of each individual country.”