Disney Junior UK is sending Doc McStuffins on a national retail tour throughout February with ‘Doc’s Check-Up Clinic’.
The touring ‘clinic’ will be free to the public and will visit Tesco, Smyths and Toys R Us stores nation wide.
Children will be able to dress up in a doctor’s tunic, complete with their very own stethoscope and clipboard in preparation for their training.
They can then step into Doc’s clinic where they will meet their patient, Big Ted, hear his symptoms and learn how to help make Ted feel better by diagnosing the issue and giving a recommended treatment.
As part of their training, children can practice putting a plaster on Ted as well as checking his heart rate before being presented with a certificate and goodies to take home, including a special offer on specific Doc merchandise that can be redeemed in-store.
The touring experience will also show Doc episodes on a TV screen and give fans the chance to take part in a Time for Your Check-Up sing along.
“Creating and nurturing successful franchises is key for us at Disney and throughout 2013, Doc McStuffins has proved that it has the ability to span our different businesses, create value, whilst being truly multi-regional with its storylines, themes and characters,” said Anna Hill, Disney UK.
“We understand that having to visit the doctor can be a scary experience for young children. ‘Doc’s Check-Up Clinic’ will help lessen the fear associated with the doctor’s office by offering children a fun, familiar and engaging way to experience playing the role.”
Doc McStuffins earned a UK BAFTA nomination in November 2013, and was recently watched by 4.5 million viewers between July and September 2013 on Disney Junior UK and at retail, Doc has become the number one new pre-school property.
Take a look at the dates for the tour, and where the Clinic will be visiting, below:
- February 8th – Tesco, Milton Keynes (1 Winchester Circle)
- February 9th – Tesco, Nottingham (Victoria Retail Park, Netherfield)
- February 10th – Smyths, Sheffield (Drakehouse Retail Park)
- February 11th – Toys ‘R’ Us, Warrington (610 Europe Blvd)
- February 12th – Smyths, Leeds (Crown Point Retail Park)
- February 13th – Smyths, Falkirk (Central Retail Park)
- February 14th – Tesco, Edinburgh (Corstorphine Extra, Meadow Place Road)
- February 16th – Tesco, Hull (St. Stephens Extra)
- February 17th – Tesco, Great Yarmouth (Pasteur Road)
- February 18th – Smyths, Chadwell Heath (1015 High Road)
- February 19th – Smyths, Thanet (Westwood Cross Shopping Centre)
- February 20th – Toys ‘R’ Us, Sydenham (Bell Green Retail Park)
- February 21st – Toys ‘R’ Us, Thurrock (Lakeside Retail Park)
- February 22nd – Toys ‘R’ Us, Reading (Kenavon Drive)
- February 23rd – Toys ‘R’ Us, Southampton (Western Esplanade)
- February 24th – Toys ‘R’ Us, Plymouth (Flora Street)
- February 25th – Tesco, Bristol (Imperial Retail Park, Hartcliffe Way)
- February 26th – Smyths, Cardiff (Capital Retail Park)
- February 27th – Smyths, Swansea (St. Davids Retail Park)