Licensing.biz has compiled the definitive listing of the 35 things you really don't want to miss out on on your trip to London's Olympia this week...
- Embrace this year’s food & beverage theme by attending seminars, live cook-offs, F&B demonstrations and special sampling events. Check out the website or event guide for more information on what’s happening when.
2. TV chef, author and presenter Nadiya Hussain takes part in a live Q&A in the Brands & Lifestyle Theatre on Tuesday from 10.30am. Visit Start Licensing on stand F66 to discuss related licensing opportunities.
3. Don’t miss the brand new BLE Live Kitchen featuring demonstrations from Guinness, MasterChef winners Kenny Tutt and Ping Coombes, and bakery brand Brotmeister. Sessions at 3pm on Tuesday, 11am & 3pm on Wednesday and 11am on Thursday.
4. Make sure you attend LIMA’s very popular “intro to licensing” sessions at 10am on day one and day two in the Licensing Academy
5. Be in prime position for Europe’s biggest character parade at 11am on day one – rumour has it you may see close to 100 characters! (advice – the gallery level has the best views!)
6. Take your seat for the first BLE keynote on Tuesday at 12pm in the Licensing Academy. President of VNCP, Pam Kaufman will join Amanda Cioletti of License Global to discuss her insights to the changing retail landscape, why a globally aligned VNCP positions them for success, and where consumer products fits into Viacom’s larger strategy.
7. Head over to the Brands & Lifestyle Theatre at 11.30am on Wednesday for a session focusing on Art & Design; The Power of Us – featuring Sarah Lawrence, Jehane Boden Spiers and special guests
8. Visit Warner Bros. Consumer Products at Stand D30 to have your photo taken with Harry Potter’s luggage trolley on Platform 9 ¾ or with the Looney Tunes in WBCP’s immersive selfie backdrops and photo opps.
9. Meet Hartwig Braun and see his playful hand-drawn artwork on his ‘by Hartwig Braun’ Stand M20 throughout the show. All visitors to the stand will have a chance to win a framed limited edition print featuring Hartwig’s hand-drawn artwork of London Looking West.
10. TRADhEIR will be collaborating with the artist, musician and writer, Christopher Halliwell who will attend on Tuesday & Wednesday between 9am and 5pm. Go to stand M20.
11. Hear how Sanrio created Little Miss Inventor with an exclusive case study in the Licensing Academy on Tuesday from 11-11.30am.
12. Check out License This! 2017 winner, Ioguis, on stand A57
13. Take a left turn into National Hall where you’ll find this year’s Brands & Lifestyle Zone and Art, Design & Image Zone located on the ground floor for the very first time.
14. Check out the brand new Product Showcase at the entrance to the Brands & Lifestyle and Art, Design & Image zones featuring over 150 products from a huge variety of categories – this cannot be missed!
15. Hear our exclusive second keynote from the IOC at 12pm on Wednesday in the Licensing Academy. Elisabeth Allaman, VP Commercial Integration will present the IOC Licensing strategy and the three core Licensing Programmes.
16. Discover the vast array of opportunities in sports licensing with the NFLPA, Roland-Garros and The Open at the R&A on Wednesday at 3.30pm in the Brands & Lifestyle Theatre
17. Visit our biggest ever collection of sports exhibitors in the Brands & Lifestyle Zone including first-timers FC Barcelona, Roland-Garros, the FA, FIBA, the French Football Federation, the Royal Dutch Football Association, Sport Lisbona e Benfica and UEFA Euro 2020
18. Don’t miss the return of the hugely popular panel led by Richard Pink focusing on promotional licensing including speakers from Aardman, Born Licensing, Brave, Hargreaves Entertainment and Lime Communications in the Brands & Lifestyle Theatre at 12.30 on day two
19. Check out the BLE official matchmaking service and book your meetings in advance of attending the show – a must-do for any brand new visitors or exhibitors.
20. For a sweet treat, head over to the Beanstalk stand on K80 where they’ll be serving Baileys cupcakes, Baileys chocolates and other lovely confectionery treats.
21. Looking for an immersive experience and a beverage or two? Make you way to the Viacom Bar on Stand D83 for a visit guaranteed to be worth your while.
22. Meet the team behind Hearts by Tiana, the first time an influencer brand has appeared as a standalone exhibitor. They can be found on stand C118 diagonally opposite the Women in Toys stand on C120
23. Head over to the Chupa Chups stand, L70, at 12pm on day one where you’ll be treated to mini donuts to celebrate BLE’s F&B theme and their 60 anniversary!
24. Visit brand new exhibitors MGA Entertainment (E120), TOHO representing Godzilla (C90) and Acamar Films representing Bing (F94)
25. Find out about opportunities in basketball licensing with a panel including the NBA and FIBA at 3.30pm on Tuesday in the Brands & Lifestyle Theatre.
26. Head over to Global Merchandising Services on stand G25 to pick up a Joe Wicks recipe card for his Thai green curry with prawns and a sample of their brand new 330ml cans of Motorhead’s ‘Road Crew’ beer.
27. Find out about the brand new Moominvalley animation series with the EP, Marika Makaroff and Sophia Jansson, Chairman of the Board and Creative Director of Moomin Characters Ltd – session in the Licensing Academy at 11.00 on Wednesday.
28. Visit BLE official charity partners, The Light Fund on stand F125 to hear all about their fundraising work and find out how to get involved with their herculean fundraising efforts.
29. Head over to the LIMA BLE Garden Party at Kidzania on the Wednesday evening – tickets must be booked in advance through LIMA or BLE websites!
30. Hear Helena Mansell-Stopher from National Geographic discuss how to drive a brand with purpose – another must see session at 1.30pm on day one in the Brands & Lifestyle Theatre
31. In need of refreshments or a pick me up? There are four more cafes and restaurants available in National Hall where you’ll also find the Brands & Lifestyle and Art, Design & Image Zones.
32. Head over to the Brands & Lifestyle Theatre at 12.30 on day three for the all-important License This! finale, your chance to see the next big things to hit the world of licensing.
33. Interested in becoming a LIMA member? Visit stand M52 to meet the team.
34. Need a pick-me-up? Head over to Pink Key Licensing on stand M62 for Prosecco served by PanAm stewardesses at 4pm each day
35. Last but not least, join Kelvyn Gardner and MDs of LIMA chapters around the world to discover LIMA’s three step guide to doing business internationally – 10am on day three in the Licensing Academy.