Discovery Consumer Products, the licensing arm of Discovery Communications, is collaborating with Scottford Hospitality on Discovery Destinations holidays.
Launching this fall, Discovery Destinations brings together a collection of resorts around the world with the common theme of 'igniting curiosity and inspiring guests to explore the world around them'.
Each resort has been hand-selected for the broad list of activities guests can enjoy, embodying four core elements of Discovery Destinations: Nature, Science, Adventure and Animals.
Discovery Destinations will debut with six partner resorts, including:
- Nantahala Outdoor Center in North Carolina: Guests can enjoy whitewater rafting, zip-lines, paddle boarding, miles of hiking and biking trails and trout streams. Guests can also take on scenic mountain roads including Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway.
- Shaker Village in Pleasant Hill, Kentucky: The Historic Centre, The Farm, The Preserve and The River of Shaker Village allow guests to explore the lifestyle and culture of the Shaker community, Visitors can also discover the 200 species of local and migrating birds.
- House on Metolius in Oregon: Guests have private access to fly fishing, as well as hiking and biking in the millions of acres of national forest.
- Goldmoor Inn in Illinois: High above the banks of the Mississippi River with views of the river offering a spa, whirlpool suites, private fireplaces, and romantic dining experiences.
- Andaman Resort in Moganshan, China: Hiking, canoeing, and mountain biking activities are available throughout the 200 acres of rolling mountains, bamboo forests, and clear springs.
- Terra Paradise in Costa Rica: Currently in development, Terra Paradise Eco-Adventure Resort merges a full host of sustainable hospitality, spa and amenities with unique activities and attractions, including the most advanced aerial tram system in Costa Rica and the world’s 4th longest zip line.
“Discovery Destinations offers travellers and fans alike, new ways to discover the world first-hand, taking the picturesque scenes and exploration of Discovery’s on-air content to the next level through immersive experiences that entertain and inspire,” said Robert Marick, VP of global location based entertainment for Discovery Consumer Products.
“Whether you seek an adventurous excursion or a guided tour rich in history, each partner resort asks guests to expect the unexpected as they experience aspects of Discovery that are authentic to their surroundings and local culture.”
Travelers will book via an online hub that aggregates featured resorts at discoverydestinations.com.
“Discovery Destinations is more than a list of great places to travel," said Andy MacLellan, Scottford co-founder.
It is a full suite of services designed to help the adventurous, experience oriented and curious traveler connect with resorts that provide an atmosphere and activities specific to their interests,”
“Discovery’s core DNA makes it the perfect brand behind this collection of resorts and challenges each to live up to the expectations a Discovery fan deserves.”