Walt Disney Studios, Lucasfilm Ltd., and 20th Century Fox have detailed the upcoming release of The Star Wars Digital Movie Collection.
For the first time ever, all six films in the series will be available on Digital HD globally, beginning Friday, April 10th.
“Since the debut of the first film nearly 40 years ago, Star Wars has become a worldwide phenomenon with legions of fans from every generation,” said Alan Bergman, president, The Walt Disney Studios.
“It’s only fitting that audiences enjoy this legendary Saga and its many fascinating behind-the-scenes stories on a wide variety of platforms, and we’re very excited to finally bring all six films to Digital HD for the first time.”
Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy added: “We’re thrilled that fans will be able to enjoy the Star Wars Saga on their digital devices wherever they go.
“These films broke new ground in technology, design, sound, and visual effects, and we’ve created some very special bonus material which delves into the Saga’s rich history, including new and never-before-released conversations between legendary Star Wars artists – the masters who helped George bring his iconic universe to life.”
Some of the never-before-seen special features are detailed below:
STAR WARS EPISODE I: The Phantom Menace
· Conversations: Doug Chiang Looks Back
· Discoveries From Inside: Models & Miniatures
· Legacy content includes “The Beginning”; The Podrace: Theatrical Edit; plus eight deleted scenes.
STAR WARS EPISODE II: Attack of the Clones
· Conversations: Sounds In Space
· Discoveries From Inside: Costumes Revealed
· Legacy content includes “From Puppets To Pixels: Digital Characters In Episode II”; State Of The Art: The Previsualization Of Episode II; and “Films Are Not Released, They Escape”; plus Episode II Visual Effects Breakdown Montage and six deleted scenes.
STAR WARS EPISODE III: Revenge of the Sith
· Conversations: The Star Wars That Almost Was
· Discoveries From Inside: Hologram & Bloopers
· Legacy content includes documentaries “Within A Minute: The Making Of Episode III”; The Journey Part 1; and The Journey Part 2; plus six deleted scenes.
STAR WARS EPISODE IV: A New Hope (20th Century Fox)
· Conversations: Creating A Universe
· Discoveries From Inside: Weapons & The First Lightsaber
· Legacy content includes “Anatomy Of A Dewback”; Star Wars Launch Trailer; plus eight deleted scenes.
STAR WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back
· Conversations: The Lost Interviews
· Discoveries From Inside: Matte Paintings Unveiled
· Legacy content includes “A Conversation With The Masters” (2010); “Dennis Muren: How Walkers Walk”; “George Lucas On Editing The Empire Strikes Back 1979”; and “George Lucas On The Force: 2010”; plus six deleted scenes.
STAR WARS EPISODE VI: Return of the Jedi
· Conversations: The Effects
· Discoveries From Inside: The Sounds Of Ben Burtt
· Legacy content includes “Classic Creatures: Return Of The Jedi”; “Revenge Of The Jedi Teaser Trailer”; Return Of The Jedi Launch Trailer; “It Began TV Spot”; “Climactic Chapter TV Spot”; plus five deleted scenes.