Frozen is on track to beat the all time sales record set by Toy Story 3 as it becomes the number one licence in the UK toy market.
Despite the award-winning animated movie coming out almost a year ago, sales are still surging, having exceeded £31m at retail, according to The NPD Group.
The licence has had a firm grasp of the top spot since children went back to school in early September.
In 2010, the UK embraced the third installment of Disney Pixar’s Toy Story, with boys accounting for 70 per cent of toy sales, while girls made up the remaining 30 per cent.
The NPD Group reports that Frozen's performance at retail can be largely attributed to the girls’ market.
“New items have been launched, production has been increased to meet demand, and sales are getting stronger. We counted three Frozen dolls in the five best-selling toys last week alone,” said Frederique Tutt, toys global industry analyst for The NPD Group.
“When looking at weekly sales and given the most important weeks of the year are still to come, if Frozen continues at this level until Christmas, not only will the license keep top spot and get the licence of the year accolade, but it will also beat the all time record of Toy Story 3 in terms of toy sales.”