Cars, Toy Story, Tron, Pirates of the Caribbean, Spider-Man, Iron Man, The Avengers & many more industry leading franchises.
The Walt Disney Company, Pixar & Marvel have established an industry leading portfolio of boys properties.
If you are passionate about boys toys & construction toys just imagine what it’s like to work for Disney, surrounded by such inspiration, working alongside people who possess as much passion, drive and skill as you.
With our creative assets and your insight into the toy market, you will take these categories in to new heights - driven by your passion for inspirational products and skill in developing partnerships with some of the world’s leading toy makers.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the senior category manager boys & film properties, the role is responsible for developing and implementing the strategy for assigned categories & franchises to achieve the business aims and objectives.
Areas of Responsibility
• Develop and implement a strategic plan for next 5 yrs for each sub-category & franchise
· Responsible for the P&L of own categories
• Responsible for range planning across sub-category, brand and distribution channel
• Day-to-day management of licensee base (Regional and Global)
• Establish a strong communication line with country directors through regular strategy & franchise up dates
• Work in synergy with country teams to understand their product needs and develop programs to meet these
• Establish a strong communication line with it’s US counterpart to ensure regular communication flow on latest initiatives
• Develop new business models to meet industry market dynamics and bespoke retail needs
• Act as a brand champion with in DCP for the franchises for whom he/she is responsible
• Maximise synergy opportunities across The Walt Disney Company
Areas of Accountability
• Fully accountable for P&L of own categories & franchise
• Range and Distribution across sub-category, brand and distribution channel
• Maintenance of accurate forecasts for all licensees within assigned categories
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
• Extensive experience in the toy industry or related field
• Action Figure / Construction toy experience desirable
• Experience of retail and/or the licensed industry would be of benefit
• Degree trained in business studies, marketing or a related
• Strong presentation, communication and influencing skills
• Ability to develop and manage relationships both internally and externally at all levels
• Can thrive within a large corporate environment, understands the dynamics and challenges of a matrix organisation
• Results-oriented, keen to challenge status quo, introduce new business practices and take calculated risks
• Ability to prioritise key objectives and deliverables
• Highly numerate
• Thinks strategically – Develops clear and consistent strategies to achieve objectives with own categories. Leverages synergy opportunities across categories and LOBs on Film/ Power Rangers
• Builds relationships – Establishes external relationships with key stakeholders. Engages colleagues across the Disney organisation to optimise performance
• Communicates effectively – Obtains full engagement through inspiring communications. Effectively persuades others to support ideas and plans
• Drives Results – Translates strategy into specific priorities, objectives and action plans. Analyses problems effectively and takes action to resolve
Roles involves frequent European /US travel (up to six nights at a time)
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a covering letter and CV to Rukshana Jabbar