Working across TV, home entertainment and licensing the brand and IP acquisitions manager will provide valuable insight and advice on developing brands in the lifestyle/factual arena.
Searchlight's client is a large international media group with a wide portfolio of IP, which is exploited across a variety of media.
The role is within the commercial side of the company which generates income by selling content to broadcasters, home entertainment distributors, and through licensing/merchandising deals with FMCG companies and others.
In summary, the new recruit will be working across three platforms - TV, home entertainment and licensing - to manage the development of brand strategies, and to support and coordinate creative production across the key genres of factual and entertainment.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Collaboration with the brand manager on development and coordination of brand strategies for specific brands and projects, identifying opportunities and operating as a genre expert for company IP, working closely with the events and PR teams
· Working closely with the brand manager to project manage the marketing communications mix for specific brand plans
· Collation of all materials required for marketing communications initiatives
· Tracking and evaluation marketing initiatives for specific brands and provide detailed analysis of campaign success to feed into brand manager for wider reporting
· Acting as a regular liaison with producer and talent partners to develop existing relationships into strong creative partnerships and design after-sales support solutions
· Communication of brand plans and targeted mar-comms activities to the worldwide sales team and ensure a regular flow of information and material to key internal stakeholders
· Become a fan, evangelist and expert on all things entertainment and factual – across all platforms.
This position is offered as a six-month fixed term contract.
To succeed in the role, candidates must have a successful track record in the entertainment/media sectors in roles which have hinged on the importance of brands.
Specifically, you must have:
· An understanding of the media market and issues relating to the buying and selling of entertainment intellectual property rights
· Confidence to liaise with international partners, talent agents, production companies etc
· Agency management skills and creative accountability
· Ability to interpret feedback from the sales force and to develop and share commercial insights in order to grow the brands and marketing communications activity
· Creative judgement and attention to detail
· Budget planning and management skills
· Intellectual rigour and creative flair
· Internal communicator and relationship builder
· Commercial awareness
An attractive and competitive package is available for the right person, with annual salary payable pro-rata over the life of the contract.
If you have specific questions, please email Cathy Alford at Searchlight Executive in the first instance at: cathy@Searchlight.com
To apply, please send your CV online saved as a Word document.