The TRA's Dream Dozen this year features four licensed products, including:
- Lets Rock Elmo by Hasbro
- Moshi Monsters Moshling Tree House from Vivid
- Star Wars Ultimate Force Tech Lightsaber Assortment, also from Hasbro
- Fireman Sam Pontypandy Rescue Set by Character
To see the full list, head over to our sister site, ToyNews.
In the other eight lists, broken down by sector, licensed toys feature most heavily in the top boys toys, where six out of the ten picked were licensed products, including:
- Ben 10 Ultimate Alien - Ultimate Ultimatrix - Bandai
- Cars 2 Fully Secret Spy Attack Finn McMissile - Mattel
- Doctor Who Personalise Your own Sonic Screwdriver Set - Character
- Star Wars Ultimate Force Tech Lightsaber Asst - Hasbro
- Toy Story Turbo Glow Buzz Lightyear - Mattel
- Transformers Ultimate Optimus Prime - Hasbro
In contrast, the girls list featured just one licensed toy - The Disney Tangled Sing and Glow Rapuzel from Mattel.
Gary Grant, chairman of the TRA's Dream Toys selection panel said:
"Throughout the top 70 toys, we're also seeing a fantastic mix of the old and new - including traditional brands like Scalextric powering into 2012 with an Olympic inspired set, a board game of skill and action based on the phenomenon that is the Angry Birds app and classic characters such as Mickey Mouse bought band up to date for today's savvy kids. All proving that the industry continues to be incredibly forward thinking, innovative and adaptable."
To see all the lists in full, go to ToyNews-online.biz