The new directors were elected by a vote of the LIMA membership and their terms will run from July 1st, 2009 to June 30, 2012.
Rick Van Brimmer, director of Trademark and Licensing Services at The Ohio State University. Van Brimmer oversees Ohio State's international licensing program, which averages nearly $7 million in annual royalties.
Sabine Eckhardt is the MD of MM MerchandisingMedia. Eckhardt heads one of Europe's largest full-service licensing agencies, handling home entertainment, sports and music licensing among other categories.
Glenn Hendricks is the vice president of business development, licensing & merchandising at SloaneVision Unlimited. Hendricks heads day-to-day operations at the full-service licensing agency.
The three members replace the following directors who have completed their terms: Christian Fortmann of Sonnenberg Fortmann, David Jacobs of HiHat Media and Stephen Stanley of Jakks Pacific.
Charles Riotto, president of LIMA said: "We thank our outgoing board members for their vision and dedication to the worldwide licensing industry, and we welcome our new and returning directors as we enter the second year of our three-year strategic initiative.
"We have tremendous momentum from the success of the inaugural Licensing International Expo in Las Vegas, enhanced member services such as an improved website and educational opportunities including an expanded webinar series and the Certificate of Licensing Studies and flip programs.
“We will continue to work with the Board of Directors to position LIMA at the epicenter of advocacy for this industry and our membership."
Returning to LIMA's Board of Directors are:
- Bernie Leifer, President & CEO, SG Footwear (Chair)
- Christina Miller, VP, Cartoon Network Enterprises (Vice Chair)
- Adam Beder, VP, Global Licensing, Spin Master Ltd.
- Marilu Corpus, CEO, CLICK! Licensing Asia
- Steven Greenfield, President, Salo Ventures
- Rita Bonnell Illig, President, RBI Associates, Inc.
- Rick Mallow, Director of Licensing, Elmer's Products, Inc.
- Maura Regan, VP and GM, Global Consumer Products, Sesame Workshop
- Stu Seltzer, Partner, Marketing on Demand, LLC
- Holly Stein, VP, Licensing Acquisitions, Mattel, Inc.
- Robert Strand, Founder, Strand IP
- Careen Yapp, VP, Licensing & Business Development, Konami Digital Entertainment
- Gregory J. Battersby of Grimes & Battersby, LLC, remains LIMA's General Counsel.