Mattel has signed a raft of new licensees across apparel, publishing, stationery, and more, for Bob the Builder.
New licensees debuting in the United States and Europe include:
- BCI - Sleepware and apparel (UK)
- Santex - T-shirts, sleepwear, headwear, rainwear, outerwear, underwear, socks/hosiery, and swimwear (Germany)
- Amscan - Party and celebrations (US)
- PROCOS - Party (EMEA)
- Rubie's - Costumes (US)
- Smoby - Basic role play (Germany and UK)
- Happy Threads: T-shirts and sets (US)
- Jumbo - Puzzles & Games (UK)
- Ravensburger - Puzzles & Games (Germany, France, Italy, Iberia, Benelux and Israel)
- Egmont - Magazines (UK)
- Parragon - Book publishing (US and UK)
- Little Brown - Book publishing (US)
- Gemma International Greetings - Stationery and social expressions (UK)
In addition, a brand new toy line from Fisher-Price, will come to stores in the US, with Toys R Us debuting a First to Market line from July 1st, with the UK and other territories following in the summer.
“The new show has appealed to fans globally and there is an appetite to interact with Bob the Builder well beyond the broadcast which is part of our franchise plan," said Kate Schlomann, VP global brand marketing for Mattel's Fisher Price arm.
"Through a multifaceted merchandising programming rolling out this year, little ones will have the opportunity to enjoy Bob and all the members of his team anytime, anywhere.”