Voting is now open for the 2015 LIMA International Licensing Excellence Awards.
A record 142 nominees from 14 countries, representing excellence in a wide array of categories encompassing licensing, retailing, promotion, and consumer products, will square off this year to scoop an accolade.
LIMA members may cast their votes online here through Wednesday, May 12th.
Winners will be announced at the LIMA Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, June 9th, during Licensing Expo in Las Vegas.
“The LIMA Licensing Awards is a globally-recognised program that celebrates superior performance throughout the licensing industry,” said LIMA President Charles Riotto.
“We are pleased to have received so many outstanding submissions from a record number of countries this year and look forward to honoring the 2015 winners.”
Category updates for the 2015 ballot include separating Film, Television and Entertainment into Animation and Live Action; Art & Design restructured to Lifestyle: Art, Design or Fashion; Digital/New Media updated to Digital; and Celebrity newly identified as Celebrity or Music.
The other categories in which awards will be presented are Character or Toy Brand; Sports or Sports-Themed Entertainment; Corporate Brand; Retailer of the Year; Licensed Promotion; and Overall Best Licensed Program.
This year’s nominees for Overall Best Licensed Program, representing each of the major property classifications, are:
- AMC The Walking Dead – AMC/Striker Entertainment
- Disney’s Frozen – The Walt Disney Company/Disney Consumer Products
- Downton Abbey – NBCUniversal International Television Production/Knockout Licensing
- Minecraft – Mojang
- My Little Pony – Hasbro
- One Direction – Modest Management/Global Merchandising Services Ltd.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro – The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company/Seltzer Licensing Group
- Stanley, Black + Decker, DeWalt – Stanley Black & Decker, Inc./Beanstalk
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar/The World of Eric Carle – Eric Carle Studio/The Joester Loria Group
- World Cup – FIFA
Nominations were solicited from the worldwide licensing industry.
The complete list of nominees can be found here.