Universal Partnerships & Licensing has signed a deal with The LEGO Group for the toy firm to create original LEGO products based on upcoming Jurassic Park sequel, Jurassic World.
The toys will be available in May 2015 and the film will land in cinemas on June 12th, 2015.
“Jurassic Park defined dinosaurs for an entire generation 20 years ago, and Jurassic World will do the same in 2015,” said Universal Partnerships & Licensing president Stephanie Sperber
“Working with LEGO Group to bring this classic into the present in dynamic and exciting ways is truly thrilling."
Jill Wilfert, vice president of global licensing and entertainment for The LEGO Group, added: “We are thrilled to be a part of the groundbreaking Jurassic Park series.
“The film’s imagery and branding are iconic, with a rich array of landscapes, vehicles and dinosaurs that are perfect for inspiring a line of building sets that will encourage hours of creative play.”
Elsewhere in the toy space, Hasbro will launch a range spanning action figures, role play items and games.
Universal Partnerships & Licensing has also details additional Jurassic World licensees including:
· Accessory Innovations – accessories including headwear, coldweather and umbrellas (U.S.)
· Bakery Craft – candy/food/bakery (U.S.)
· Bulls I Toy – trading cards, stickers, tattoos and other general merchandise (U.S.)
· Cardinal Games – puzzles (U.S.)
· Dreamtex – home furnishings (UK)
· Edge Brands – sporting goods (U.S.)
· Fast Forward – accessories (U.S.)
· Fifth Sun and FREEZE – apparel (U.S.)
· Franco Manufacturing – home furnishings (U.S.)
· GBG USA – men’s, women’s and children’s sleepwear and loungewear (U.S.)
· Gut Distribution – stationery (Italy)
· Handcraft – underwear (U.S.)
· High Point Design – hosiery (U.S.)
· Innovative Designs – back to school (U.S.)
· Jada Toys – R/C, diecast vehicles (Worldwide)
· KIDdesigns – youth electronics and electronic adventure gear (U.S.)
· Rubie’s Costume Company – costumes (U.S.)
· Smith & Brooks – apparel (UK)
· Toy Factory – amusement channel prizing (U.S.)
· Trends International, LLC – stationery/social expression (U.S.)
· TV Mania – apparel (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
· Unique Industries – party goods (U.S. and UK)
· VMC Accessories Ltd – accessories (UK)
· Zak UK Ltd – dinnerware (UK)
· Ludia - mobile and social game
Universal Partnerships & Licensing is currently seeking additional licensing partners for the Jurassic World programme.