Travis Rutherford, C.E.O of Travis James, who is leading the global licensing and retail development for the Dorothy of Oz franchise, has confirmed that several retailers will support the brand with a range of licensed products next year.
The film, due for a late summer 2012 release, has already signed up a number of licensees in categories including toys, apparel, accessories, back to school, stationery, costumes and novelties.
Rutherford is now looking for partners in social expression, party goods, cosmetics, children's electronics, confectionery, publishing, textiles and homewares at the show.
Rutherford said: "We already have a very robust licensing program established. My goal at the Licensing Show is to meet with additional domestic and international licensing partners to fill the various open categories, assign the international agent representation rights and present the franchise to the other major retailers who have not yet seen the outstanding animation and great merchandisable characters from the film."
Roland Carroll, president of Summertime Entertainment added: "We are very pleased with the traction and feedback from the retail and licensing community thus far – especially with the film still being early in the production process.
"With many tier-one licensing partners along with the assistance of Travis James, will be delivering a meaningful and comprehensive licensing and promotional program for the film opening next year."
Recently, Summertime Entertainment signed a master worldwide toy licensee with Bandai America. The firm's line will feature dolls, play-sets, plush, role-play, trading cards and more.
Other licensees participating the program geared toward girls ages four to eight include:
- The Awake division of Jem Sportswear will create a line of girls T-shirts and fashion tops.
- SG Footwear will handle footwear and SGI Apparel has been licensed for girls sleepwear, both a division of the SG Companies.
- Hypnotic will provide hosiery.
- A.D. Sutton & Sons will create a diverse line of bags, backpacks and lunch bags.
- IDW Publishing is doing a 4 title comic book series and graphic novel.
- Trends International will create posters and bookmarks with the possibility of adding calendars and stickers to the assortment.
- Culturenik Publishing will provide novelty paper goods.
- Rubie’s Costume Company is producing a full line of Halloween costumes, masks and related accessories.
- Just Play will do cut & sew role-play / dress up items, along with some novelty products in the HBA category.
- Madame Alexander is producing a beautiful collection of high-end collectable dolls.
- Attraction Media & Entertainment is producing a 3-D/4-D theme park attraction, which will incorporate footage from the film.
The 3D CG-animated musical starring the voice and musical talents of Lea Michele as the beloved Dorothy Gale is produced by Summertime Entertainment, which is founded by the Carroll Brothers, the multi-media production company set on revitalising the beloved Oz franchise.