Warner Bros Consumer Products (WBCP) has outlined a calendar of events that it says will ensure the Harry Potter brand remains a viable licensing opportunity long after the final movie is released.
WBCP will be building merchandise programmes to support all the major projects on the calendar, and says it's aiming to exceed the global prominence and 'multi-billion licensing business' Harry Potter has become since the first movie launch in 2001.
The sixth movie - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - premieres in London tonight.
Below are what Warner Bros is calling the 'global scale events' it has scheduled for the next four years:
- April 30th 2009 – Harry Potter: The Exhibition launched at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.
- July 15th 2009 – Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince releases in cinemas worldwide.
- Q4 2009 – DVD release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Spring 2010 – The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opens at Universal Orlando Resort, Florida.
- Christmas 2010 – Cinema release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1.
- Summer 2011 – The final movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 will be released.