On 12th May we headed to Warwickshire for The Light Fund’s National Charity Golf Day, where over £10,000 was raised for good causes.
The Light Fund is a licensing industry charity which raises money to fund charity projects which help children, women and men. The committee is made up of a group of like-minded individuals employed in the licensing industry who volunteer their time to support worthy causes.
Organised by Patrick Bailey from Blues Clothing (CWI International Holdings Limited) and Alicia Davenport from DRI Licensing, the Charity Golf Day saw employees from all over the licensing industry attend.
Open all abilities, the event has something for everyone.
Experienced golfers took part in an 18-hole Better Ball Stableford competition, while beginners were offered a golf lesson and took part in a Texas scramble golf game.
We were welcomed by a ray of sunshine at Warwickshire Golf & Country Club, and it wasn’t long before we were outside taking part in the golf challenges and enjoying drinks in the sunshine.
In the evening, we all got back together for a two course dinner and the awards presentation.
The winners were:
- Best Beginner: Rachel Wakley (Tesco)
- Winning Beginners team: Mel Thrift (Mattel) Graham Saltmarsh (Turner) Barbara Robinson (Mothercare) Sarah Salmon (Cooneen)
- Par 3 Nearest the Pin: Jon Diver (Character Group)
- Par 4 Nearest the Pin in Two: Nick Vellacott (Highlight PR)
- Straightest Drive: Mark Whitakar (Rubie’s)
- Winning Team: Dave Clark (Kinnerton) Phil Hulme (Kinnerton) Graham Gardiner (Rubies) Mark Whitakar (Rubie’s)
- Winning Individual: Andy Ward (RFU)
“We had a fantastic time organising this year’s Charity Golf Day event,” Patrick and Alicia told us.
“The golf day is a great way of bringing the licensing community together, while raising money for worthy causes. Thank you to everyone who attended and contributed to the event – we hope you enjoyed the day as much as we did.
“Thank you as well to our sponsors Aardvark Swift, MV Sports and Keith Chapman Productions for all their support. See you again next year."
We were delighted to attend the event, and are proud to support The Light Fund team for all the valuable work they do.