The winners of the Licensing Awards 2018 were announced on Tuesday evening at The Grosvenor Hotel in London, and celebrating well into Wednesday morning at the after after party.
Sponsored by Brand Licensing Europe and supported by LIMA, the ceremony was hosted by the comedian and impressionist Rory Bremner as guests were welcomed by Acamar Films’ Bing and Flop before walking through an entranceway commemorating 60 years of Barbie.
“These awards exist only because of you, whether you are a retailer, a licensor, licensee or a supplier,” said Jakki Brown, joint managing director, Max Publishing.
“Licensing, to be successful, needs everyone to work together. This event–the largest licensing awards event in the world–is a testament to your collective flair, commitment and passion.”
The winners of The Licensing Awards 2018 are:
- LIMA U.K. Rising Star Award: Tasmyn Knight, licensing associate, U.K., Cartoon Network Enterprises
- Best Retailer Of Preschool Licensed Products (Age Group 0-5) (sponsored by eOne):Tesco
- Best Retailer Of Kids’ Licensed Products (Age Group 5-16) (sponsored by NBC Universal): Primark
- Best Retailer Of Adult Licensed Products (sponsored by Warner Bros. Consumer Products): HMV Retail
- The Radar Award – for retailers who have upped their licensing activities in the last year (sponsored by DHX Media): Selfridges
- Best Licensed Retail Execution Award (sponsored by Centum Books): Paddington at Marks and Spencer
- Top Retailer Award (sponsored by Mattel): Tesco
- Best Licensed Toys Or Games Range (sponsored by BBC Studios): Jurassic World from Mattel
- Best Licensed Food Or Drink Range (sponsored by Rainbow Productions): Thomas and Friends Collection from Kinnerton
- Best Licensed Dress-Up Or Partyware (sponsored by Beano Studios): Roald Dahl Collection for F&F at Tesco from R H Smith & Sons (Smiffys)
- Best Licensed Preschool Apparel Range (0-5 Years)(sponsored by Nickelodeon): Tiny Tatty Teddy Baby Range for Primark from Paul Dennicci
- Best Licensed Children’s Apparel Range (sponsored by Hasbro): Mickey Mouse Teen Collection for M&Co from Fashion U.K.
- Best Licensed Adult Apparel Range (sponsored by Fox Consumer Products): “Rick and Morty” Collection for HMV from CID
- Best Licensed Written, Listening Or Learning Range (sponsored by Those Licensing People): “PAW Patrol” Treasure Cove Stories from Centum Books
- Best Licensed Giftware Range (sponsored by Penguin Ventures, Penguin Random House): Classic Winnie the Pooh Collection from Rainbow Designs
- Best Licensed Home Décor, Tableware Or Housewares Range (sponsored by Spring & Autumn Fair): Classic Mickey Art Collection from Pyramid International
- Best Licensed Paper Products Or Stationery Range (sponsored by Boat Rocker Rights): Mr. Men and Little Miss Range from Moonpig
- The Innovation Award (sponsored by Cartoon Network): DC Superheroes Foundmi Range from Bioworld International
- Best Preschool Licensed Property (Age Group 0-5)(sponsored by Character World): “PAW Patrol”
- Best Children’s Or Tween Licensed Property (Age Group 5-12) (sponsored by Misirli U.K.): L.O.L. Surprise
- Best Teen Or Adult Licensed Property (sponsored by Global Brands Group Apparel & Accessories): Harry Potter
- Best Literary Or Design/Illustration Licensed Property (sponsored by Hachette Children’s Group): The Roald Dahl Story Company
- Best Film Licensed Property (sponsored by Pyramid International): Marvel Avengers: Infinity War
- Best Music Or Celebrity Licensed Property (sponsored by Danilo Promotions): The Beatles
- Best Sports Licensed Property (sponsored by Funko): Liverpool Football Club
- The Classic Licensed Property Award (sponsored by GB eye): “Peppa Pig”
- Best Licensing Marketing Communications Award 2018 (sponsored by Brand Licensing Europe): Roald Dahl’s Halloween with The Eden Project
- Honorary Achievement Award (sponsored by Sambro): Keith Chapman