Global kids and family content distributor Jetpack Distribution has announced that it has signed 14 new deals with video-on-demand (VOD) and linear platforms across the globe for 964 hours of TV series from its burgeoning catalogue of kids’ character driven shows.
The deals are heavily focused on VOD rights and are testament to the growing demand for VOD content from both platforms and audiences worldwide.
The following European networks have paid for rights for a selection of hit animated shows.
- Discovery Italy has bought both linear and SVOD rights for pre-school animation Yoko (seasons one to three).
- C+ in France renewed the PTV and SVOD rights for Talking Tom & Friends (seasons one to three) and licensed both rights for Kitty is Not a Cat season one.
- Kidzone TV (across the Baltics, Middle East and North Africa) is taking pay TV and SVOD rights for Dennis & Gnasher: Unleashed! season one and pay TV rights for Kazoops, The Sisters season two, Talking Tom & Friends seasons one to three, Talking Tom Heroes and Talking Tom Minis.
- Minimax has bought pay TV and VOD rights across Central Eastern Europe for Oswaldo, and Marsupilami seasons one, two and three.
- JimJam has bought the Pay TV and VOD rights for Daisy & Ollie seasons three and four for their pan-Europe feed.
- UK’s Pop has acquired the free-to-air and FVOD rights for Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitty.
- NRK in Norway is taking the free-to-air and FVOD rights for Welcome to Cardboard City.
The following VOD networks across the globe have paid for the rights to air a further selection of animated series across all age groups.
- HBO Max in Latin America has acquired the SVOD rights for Chuggington S6, Talking Tom & Friends seasons four and five, Talking Tom Heroes and Talking Tom Minis seasons one to four.
- Semillitas pay TV Channel and SVOD services in US, Central America and Caribbean ‘Flix Latino’ and ‘Pinguinitos’ has picked up the rights for Chuggington, seasons two and three.
- Lingopie, educational app for language learning based on TV content to learn languages has taken the rights for The Sisters season one (German and Italian), Wolf season one (German and Italian), Talking Tom and Friends (Italian) seasons three, four and five, Yoko season one (Italian).
- Toon Goggles in the UK, USA and Canada has bought the AVOD and SVOD rights for Boj, Daisy and Ollie seasons one and two, Emmy & GooRoo, Kitty is Not a Cat, My Petsaurus seasons one and two,Talking Tom & Friends seasons four and five and Yoko season one.
- Tet Sia in Latvia is taking the SVOD rights for Talking Tom & Friends seasons three to five and Dennis & Gnasher: Unleashed! seasons one and two
- Kartoon Channel in the USA and Canada have bought the AVOD and SVOD rights for Boj, Kitty is Not a Cat season two and Yoko season one.
- Indonesia’s Mola TV has bought the SVOD rights for Emmy and GooRoo seasons one and two and is renewing Wolf seasons one and two.
Dominic Gardiner, CEO of Jetpack says: “It’s hugely inspiring to cement deals with such a strong selection of networks. Our content library has broadened significantly in recent times with multiple shows that work for different age groups, cultures and networks.
“We see – more than ever – the growing demand for VOD content and these deals demonstrate the proliferation of opportunities for content producers and distributors in this area. They also reflect the ever-evolving consumption habits of viewers worldwide.”