Penguin Random House
Stories have always been at the heart of Penguin. For many years, these stories and characters have lived mainly in books, but now they’re providing magic and wonder for all kinds of different consumer and digital products, TV series, films and live events. That’s what we do! Welcome to the Ventures team!
The Penguin Ventures team are looking for a confident, hands on and commercially aware individual to join them as a Licensing Executive to support the business globally. You will be passionate about commercial achievements, supporting the team and have a willingness to get stuck in with just about anything!
This is an ideal time to join the team and contribute your energy, vision and support to the group performance. The Ventures team is a crucial part of the overall Penguin Random House commercial business and long-term vision.
We will expect you to do:
- Support the sales team by creating and maintaining databases, spreadsheets and tracking documents to support business needs (licensee lists, net sales analysis, retail listings documents etc)
- Obtain updates (rate of sale, marketing activities/plans, forecasts etc) from licensees for sharing internally and with other partners.
- Create research documents and undertake competitor analysis via retail visits, trade press research etc.
- Handle day-to-day business enquiries from potential partners, and assess incoming licensing inquiries and permission applications.
- General administrative support.
- Gain market knowledge and competitor knowledge for UK and key International territories such as Benelux, France, Germany, Japan, Australia, USA.
- Lead and manage screenings, clips and permissions across the portfolio with a focus on orchestral performances for The Snowman.
- Co-ordinate licensee meetings and support the sales team with the meeting prep as required.
- Regularly update existing partners on brand activities.
- Liaise with brand team to gain knowledge of consumer and trade PR activities.
- Occasionally assist in the preparation of targeted pitch presentations and meetings for potential licensees, partners and retailers. Keep sales materials, presentations, and details of product ranges up to date.
- Liaise with internal teams such as legal, contracts, finance and publishing.
- Eventually take on your own category or territory to grow and expand that business area commercially.
You will have:
- An interest in sales, business development and commercial growth.
- A positive, motivated, can do attitude and flexible approach to your work and be keen to jump in whenever needed.
- An understanding of the licensing business or prior experience in a commercial environment.
- Excellent administration skills, organisational skills and the ability to balance and prioritise work coming in.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Proactive and solution focused with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrable ability to research and source ad hoc information independently.
- Ability to adjust to a fast paced and ever changing business environment.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter by 5th September; applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to CLeung@penguinrandomhouse.co.uk.