“Small Gift, Big Smile.“ It’s more than just a catchy phrase; it’s the foundation of everything we do, and we’re proud to say we’ve been creating smiles for over 50 years.
Best known for global icon Hello Kitty, Sanrio has a portfolio of more than 400 characters. We license a unique collection of branded gifts, stationery and fashion accessory items while collaborating with the most respected companies in the world.
Our EMEA business coordinates the development licensing throughout Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa, Asia (for Mr Men), Australia and New Zealand.
An exciting, permanent opportunity has come up at our London office to lead our Design team as Creative Manager (m/f)
• Oversee the Design Team (of 4) based in the London and Milan office.
• Run the creative schedule, to ensure projects are allocated and delivered on time and to brief based on commercial objectives.
• Work closely with Sales and Marketing teams in London and Milan to interpret their needs through the delivery of style guides, retail exclusive designs and sales & marketing tools.
• Creative lead on halo projects, delivering bespoke design and tailored packages for key retailers and collaborations.
• Manage the Sanrio digital library, uploading new content and liaising with Approvals and IT teams, to continually improve UI and UX.
• Key communicator on Sanrio Design with internal Sanrio offices as well as Agents, sharing best practices, updating them on artwork and working together to deliver company objectives.
• At least 5 years’ design and creative management experience in a licensing/Creative environment.
• Highly organised with strong communication skills and retail/commercial awareness.
• An enthusiastic and positive influencer who loves to roll their sleeves up and get the job done.
• The creative flair required to lead the Sanrio Design team and the drive to mentor and bring the best out of the designers.
• Some European and International travel is required, for retailer/licensee meetings and training in Tokyo.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and would like to know more please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, we look forward to hearing from you.