Contract & Job Type: Permanent, Full time
This is a 360 role in a dynamic Licensing team, with involvement in the development of licensing strategies, creative direction, licensing sales presentations and sales/business development for key established and new clients. Candidates will understand the inter-relations of all parties within the licensing industry and will have comprehensive, full-cycle experience of licensing operations process.
· Responsible for driving new business development in all traditional and non-traditional categories as well as focusing on ‘creative licensing’ i.e. taking brands into relevant, innovative categories through creative thinking, commercial initiative and the development of co-branded licenses and brand extensions
· Attending and maximising business opportunities at selected trade shows in the UK and Europe/international, as appropriate
· Targeting specific product categories/retail tiers for business development, to be agreed and converted into KPIs/ objectives
· Responsible for attaining and where possible exceeding agreed annual sales targets for licensing sales on annual MGs and total MGs of new deals and/or royalties
· Utilise/devise business development and reporting mechanisms to keep Senior Licensing Team updated
· Ensuring all stages of deal negotiation, contracting, contract and financial management are entered/recorded within IMG’s bespoke licensing management systems
· Acting effectively as clients’ brand manager, an extension of their team and managing the viability of product design and development with them for existing and new licensees
· Activating retail and marketing initiatives for client brands and with licensees, e.g. product and lifestyle photo shoots, development of marketing materials, trade shows and launch/PR events 3rd party agencies and generating industry press on and offline
· Assist the Senior Licensing Team, with new marketing, sales and business initiatives to generate incremental revenue
· Will be required to respond to ad hoc requests from EVP/SVP Licensing
· Experienced in all aspects of the management of the entire licensing chain – from client brands to licensees’ and retailers, whether as part of an agency, brand owner, licensee or retailer
· Experience in car brands or corporate brand licensing
· Proven success in deal making/generating incremental sales revenue
· Solid results-driven licensing sales and business development track record
· Able to demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong and lucrative relationships
· Professional, personable, adaptable, creative, timely, hard-working, high level of integrity
· Ability to juggle multiple projects at different stages and communicate effectively at many levels
· Self-starting, mature time management and prioritisation capabilities
· Confident presentation skills at any level
· Financial (budget) management, analysis and reporting capabilities
· Educated to a degree level or equivalent
· Fully literate with MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
· Has a can do attitude and is solution driven
We want you to have a career you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others.
IMG Licensing are one of the largest and most globally integrated licensing businesses in the world, with more than $8.7 billion in annual retail sales. We represent the rights of individuals, estates, media outlets, entertainment properties, fashion houses, leagues and other corporate trademarks.
IMG is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
To apply: Please follow this link: https://wmeimg.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/WMEIMGEMEA/job/London---New-Oxford-Street/Director--Licensing_JR1721