Our client is a privately owned French toy and games manufacturer which sells through distributors in forty countries. The company develops and sells innovative electronic interactive toys and games for the educational and gaming markets, and also takes suitable licenses. To progress its successful business development a Head of Product Development & Marketing is to to recruited.
The Head of Product Development & Marketing will guide a team to build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on industry experience. This includes developing entirely new products for the company as well as developing extensions and updating existing products. He/ she will communicate with all areas of the company including sales and engineering/production which are based in Hong Kong and will guarantee production and delivery of well executed items on time to the customers.
The Head of Product Development & Marketing will also be responsible for development of product packaging and production of sales and marketing tools such as TV commercials, videos for Youtube and product presentations and will liaise with the Hong Kong based production team and vendors to follow up development and production schedules.
Suitable candidates will have/ be
- excellent up-to-date knowledge of the global toy and games industries, particularly the categories of electronic interactive toys and games
- several years' experience in toy product development and possibly product management
- good understanding of packaging design requirements
- strong project management and man management skills
- international experience and awareness of current global trends within the industry
- a team player, assertive and persuasive in working with other departments and outside agencies
- fluent in spoken and written English and possibly French
- strong decision making skills and results-driven approach
The company is based west of Paris and the Head of Product Development & Marketing needs to live within one hour of the office. He/ she will report to the CEO of the company and will have a team of 6 people reporting to her/ him.
For more information on these and other positions for which we are recruiting please contact Margit Pendl at the executive search division of Gameplan Europe Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org or 01442 870100.