Are you a SpongeBob SquarePants super fan? Did Rugrats rock your world? Do you love your MTV? If you’re into our brands, and have a passion for product development and design - whether toys, clothing, cosmetics, books, homeware or food - then the consumer products internship could be the perfect role for you.
The CP team works with partners to develop best-in-class branded products across our Nickelodeon and MTV portfolio. From design concept through to finished article, we work across a vast range of categories - from a soft drink at the supermarket, to a high-end fashion design collaboration.
Working within the wider Brand Management team, you will assist in the day-to-day running of the department. You’ll be assisting with and overseeing the development of products (from design stage through to production), brand direction settings and product pitches. You’ll create presentations, like competitor analysis, inspiration decks and trend reports. You’ll also provide general admin support to the team and the International Creative Director. Most of all, you’ll learn a lot and have fun in a fast-paced, vibrant department.
Key Responsbilities include;
- Conduct regular retail trips to identify new trends and product ideas, and to produce competitor analysis reports to present to the team
- Design eye-catching presentations for internal and external use
- Help organise brainstorming sessions to identify new product ideas
- Assist with creative approvals across our product categories and manage the online system
- Take sole responsibility for producing our bi-annual best practice catalogue
- Distribute creative assets to partners
- Manage the organisation of all client conference days
- Provide hands-on graphic design support on projects as required
- Distribute post and organise bikes, cars and FedEx as appropriate
- Assist with booking and setting up internal and external meetings
- Create PowerPoint presentations and Excel documents
- Assist with admin requirements such as filing, printing and photocopying
Role Specific Skills;
- An excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong organisational and communication skills (both written and verbally)
- A passion for product design, trend analysis and graphic applications
If have a keen interest in Product Design, are eager to learn new skills and join a great team then click below to apply!
The advert will close on Monday 26 February 2018 at midnight. Please note that we may close adverts early due to high demand. You will find out whether you have been successful by Friday 30 March.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work. This is embedded in our recruitment practices to ensure we hire the best talent and enrich our mix. For this reason, we are not filtering candidates via a CV this year, so please do not upload one with your application. Instead, we require you to complete a task relevant to the role so that we can assess your talent, creativity and passion.