Working in tandem with the Product Development team and reporting into the Design Manager EMEA, the purpose of this role is to drive forward our creativity across all licensed consumer products. As part of the creative team, you’ll be developing exceptional creative assets and product concepts for numerous NBCUniversal franchises that inspire licensing partners across the entire region.
• Create inspirational product concepts across all categories that are trend and consumer relevant.
• Developing style guides, trend tool-kits, creative assets & communication tools to support and drive the consumer products business across the region.
• Work with the Product Development and Creative team to set the creative direction for specific properties, aligned with category and retail strategies.
• Produce designs to a high standard and agreed deadlines.
• Identify new trends that are relevant to the EMEA market and use consumer insights to strategically apply them in a way that maintains core values whilst inspiring licensees and retailers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Design experience within the licensing or retail sector with specific reference to style guide development.
• Advanced Illustrator and Photoshop design/artworking skills essential.
• Proven ability and keen interest in designing for traditional character licensed properties as well as live-action entertainment & lifestyle brands for all audiences.
• Attention to detail, visual communication, concept & graphic design skills will be essential to this role.
• Strong time management and organisational skills.
• Experience of fast-fashion would be advantageous.
• Driven, passionate and highly motivated.
• Knowledge and interest in film & entertainment brands.
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discreet manner.
• Team player with a can-do attitude
Universal Pictures were the first of the modern Hollywood studios, and over their one hundred years, they have been responsible for some of the world’s most memorable feature films. The home of ET, Jurassic Park, Despicable Me, Jason Bourne, Dracula, Bridget Jones, Mamma Mia!, The Mummy, Les Miserables, King Kong and the unstoppable Fast & Furious franchise, to name a few.
Universal Consumer Products International oversees NBCUniversal's consumer product and digital licensing for Universal Pictures, NBC Television, Focus Features and Sprout Channel. Universal Consumer Products International is part of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.