We are looking for Senior Product Developer in Apparel and Softlines as a maternity leave substitute to join our Consumer Products in Brand Licensing Unit in Finland, Espoo HQ.
What you'll take under your wings:
- You’ll be overseeing product development and manage the customer relations with the licensees plus supporting Sales Team to build global apparel business for Rovio.
- Senior Product Developer is in charge of the licensed goods product development in their assigned categories. They work in close collaboration with the licensees and the Licensing Directors and Agents ensuring the products are targeted to the right customer segment and territory.
- Senior Product Developer guides licensees through the whole product development process. S/he assesses & comments products and product concepts according to Rovio's brand and quality assurance guidelines and instructs licensee to improve and edit their designs before entering the specific market.
- Senior Product Developer also reviews production to control and oversee production quality and consistency. S/he works in close collaboration with colleagues taking care of the product integrity to ensure safety of the products and materials used.
- Senior Product Developer creates & innovates product concepts that showcase new assets and give licensees inspiration how to adapt them into products in a fresh and inspiring way.
- When a new licensee is onboarded Senior Product Developer has a key role. S/he organizes creative calls to ensure proper alignment in using Rovio assets and by giving ongoing guidance also in any process and systems related issues.
To succeed in this role you’ll need to have these feathers in your cap:
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant field of design and products in close collaboration with business development
- Bachelor of Arts, Design or similar
- Understanding of basic principles of manufacturing of products of various categories as well as the dynamics of licensing business
- Aspiration towards high design and product quality and ability to adapt that to business terms. Ability to define and communicate improvement possibilities to licensees´ product concepts. Persistence to drive improvements through the entire product development process
- Mastery in creating commercially appealing product mock-ups in tight schedules
- Outstanding skills in communication, organization and scheduling
- Ability to build cooperative working relationships with the licensees and within the unit
- Advanced Adobe Creative Cloud skills
- Top level Adobe Illustrator skills
- Excellent English skills – both spoken and written
What you get when you join our nest?
- Open, friendly, ambitious but relaxed culture
- Truly international environment
- Opportunity to work with top talent in the industry
- Competitive benefits
This position is a maternity leave substitute until March 2020. If you feel you are a perfect match for the role, slingshot your application ASAP by filling the online application form.
To apply, follow this link to enter your details and upload your CV and cover letter https://emp.jobylon.com/applications/jobs/25559/create/
We look forward to hearing from you!