Licensing Expo and Products of Change (POC) have revealed a jointly-produced sustainability agenda comprising turnkey education and product showcases for the upcoming trade show slated for May 24-26 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
The strategic partnership is designed to bring sustainability to the forefront and spotlight issues embedded within the licensing industry to bring real change to brands’ socially responsible and inclusive practices across cross-categories.
“No matter the industry, environmental protection is an increasingly important value to customers and shareholders; it is woven into mission statements and serves as a guiding principle for all major business decisions,” says Anna Knight, SVP of the Global Licensing Group. “Progress beings with industry-wide education – we are so proud to partner with Products of Change to spotlight the many brands at Licensing Expo that are taking impressive steps toward eliminating waste and inequality across their value chain and are now taking the next step in showcasing their work to inspire others.”
Sustainability-focused educational programming is free for all registered event participants and held in the Licensing U Theater, with topics encompassing newcomer education, sustainable manufacturing, and applying socially responsible practices in licensing. Senior-level experts from Products of Change, The Smiley Company, Lego, Formula E, Natural History Museum, Piping Hot, Greenre, Beanstalk, and The Smurfs are confirmed to lead sustainability sessions.
Linda Morgenstern, Vice President of Brand Management at Beanstalk and prominent speaker addressing Sustainability 101, says: “In keeping with Beanstalk’s best-practices model, we have established a global, cross-functional Sustainability Team. The key goals of Beanstalk’s sustainability initiatives are to align our clients’ sustainability initiatives with licensees’ efforts and capabilities and to share information across clients, licensees, and industries. From the start, we have wholeheartedly supported the leadership of Products of Change as the sustainability authority for the licensing industry.”
The sustainability-focused sessions delivered by Licensing Expo and Products of Change are as follows:
- Sustainability 101 | Tuesday, May 24 from 12:00-12:45 p.m.
Speakers: Helena Mansell-Stopher, POC; Andrea Green, Globally Green; Simon Gresswell, SGLP; Jakob Hamann, Lego; Charlotte Hughes, Formula E; and Maxine Lister from the NHMA deep dive into the science behind why sustainable transformation is vital for business future prosperity. Products of Change, Lego, Natural History Museum, SGLP, and Formula E take you through why sustainability is key to business success.
- Brands with Purpose: Sustainable Manufacturing | Wednesday, May 25 from 10:15-11:00 a.m.
Speakers: Amy Low, Piping Hot; Stan Wan, Piping Hot; Keith Loiselle, Greenre; Brenda Seto, POC; and Helena Mansell-Stopher, POCPiping Hot, the purpose-driven fashion brand, and Greenre, a global producer of sustainable stationery, join POC’s founder Helena Mansell-Stopher and Brenda Seto, POC’s Ambassador for Canada and consultant to Greenre, to discuss their sustainable journey so far.
- Sustainability in Licensing | Thursday, May 26 from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Speakers: Lee Grace, The Smiley Company; Ben Parker, Beanstalk; Sebastien Dumont, IMPS The Smurfs; and Helena Mansell-Stopher, POCJoin Smiley, Beanstalk, and The Smurfs to discuss how licensors and agents embrace sustainable change within the business and benefit from this.
NEW Sustainability Business Lounge
In addition to a highly curated educational program, Products of Change selected brands to showcase their products and business approach to introducing and sustaining a socially responsible business that balances the needs and health of the planet with that of their customers.
Brands across categories were chosen based on their proven ability to roll out sustainability and equality initiatives at scale. The brand-led presentations are held in the Sustainability Business Lounge located on the show floor (booth #N216) and feature must-attend showcases from cross-category brands, each focusing on a different area of expertise.
- FOCO – A leading manufacturer specialising in sports licensing and working with some of the biggest names in sport. The team will be showcasing its new, recycled licensed backpacks and lunch bags.
- Formula E – Will showcase its newly launched Formula E KIMOA sunglasses made with a sustainable recycled PET frame. Formula E’s vision is to accelerate sustainable human progress through the power of electric racing. The sunglasses are designed for people that love the electric motorsport series and what it stands for.
- Manchester City FC and PUMA – The Premier League football club will be showcasing an innovative new partnership with PUMA’s Re:Jersey platform, a system that recycles old kits and jerseys to produce current season players’ shirts.
- The Natural History Museum – Will be showcasing their fashion range from Desmond and Dempsey as well as their sustainable stationery range from Blueprint Collections.
- Greenre – Will be showcasing its sustainable, licensed stationery. The team’s environmentally conscious products consist of recycled, natural materials, recyclables, non-toxic, post-agricultural bio fibers, and new-age bioplastics.
- Piping Hot – All Piping Hot products are made with recycled, recyclable, renewable, or biodegradable materials. They have eliminated virgin polyester from their supply chain and prioritize recycled materials to reduce waste and tackle plastic pollution. Their approach is science-based and design-led; they will be showcasing their latest collection.
- Brands In – Will be showcasing for the first time their new sustainable fashion clothing line, Supacult.
Enjoy dedicated sessions and free consults with experts – visit the Sustainability Business Lounge to book a clinic. View the full programming schedule here.
Furthermore, learn how to lead with intention to build purpose-driven licensing programmes focused on social good from Nobel Peace Prize Nominee Ms. Opal Lee and impact changemakers Anita Castellar and Genna Rosenberg in a must-attend educational session held in the Licensing U Theater. Join the three women on Tuesday, May 24 from 4:45 to 5:30 p.m. for their session titled “The Upside of Licensing: Leading with Intention for Social Impact” and walk away inspired to begin, or continue, weaving purpose and social good into your licensing programmes.