The new commercial and licensing manager will head up the commercial side of the business and work directly with its large retail client on a day-to-day basis.
The new recruit will be working closely with the MD and creative director to direct and implement Watermelon’s key objectives and grow the business.
The successful candidate will also manage all commercial aspects of the business; from day-to-day account management to contract negotiation, sales and new business to marketing and PR.
The commercial and licensing manager will recommend client’s licensing strategy and work with their supply base and internal teams to build business.
The candidate will work closely with licensing agents and brand owners to deliver the best licensing opportunities and be a wealth of industry knowledge.
The ideal applicant would have:
· At least four years experience within brand licensing, brand management or a similar industry
· Education to degree level
· Experience or understanding of working with retailers and suppliers/manufacturers
· Experience working with and negotiating licensing or retail contracts
· Experience working with budgets and forecasts.
· Computer literate (including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
· Experience in team management
· Some understanding of sales / PR and marketing
The firm is looking for someone with excellent communication skills and exceptional management skills, who is calm under pressure, diplomatic and able to interact with all personnel levels.
Applicants should also be flexible and adaptable, a good team player, a forward planner with strong organisational skills, who is a mature, assertive and influential individual who is able to deliver against licensor and retail requirements.
Please sent CV's to Rebecca Langston (Rebecca@watermelon.uk.com)