LIMA has detailed the sessions that will take place at its Licensing Univerity event which will be held on May 22-25 at Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV alongside Licensing Expo.
Cole Gahagan, Chief Commercial Officer of sports-licensing powerhouse Fanatics Inc. will deliver the keynote address, “Licensing In The On-Demand Economy.” It’s a new era in the licensing business in which the speed at which brand owners, retailers, and licensees fulfill rapidly changing consumer demand will go a long way toward determining the future. The keynote session is 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. on Tuesday, May 23.
The other confirmed sessions include:
- Growth Markets – India, China and Brazil – This session will examine three of the global marketplaces most often cited as having the greatest growth potential for sales of licensed goods; offering real-world insights about business conditions, and how to maximize the opportunity.
- Planning – And Executing – Your Social Media Strategy– This workshop will provide the latest stats/insights/trends on where social media is today and where we are going.
- Eight Key Steps in Extending a Brand – What is over licensing and should I be concerned? Is this a common problem?
- Basics of Sports Licensing – Attendees will learn how to integrate sports into their product portfolio and what the growth potential is for local, national and international consumers, and more.
- The Changing Landscape of Digital Entertainment – A discussion about the video game and digital entertainment landscape and how to navigate the many choices an entertainment or corporate brand holder has to understand and make.
- Capsules, Collaborations and Limited Editions: Opportunities and Pitfalls – Licensing partnerships that are narrow in scope, including capsule collections, limited editions, and collaborations, have taken the place of traditional long-term licensing agreements in many situations.
- Studies in Food and Beverage Branding – The food and beverage categories offer licensees and brand owners both unique opportunities and unique challenges.
For an up-to-date schedule of sessions and to register for the full slate of Licensing University sessions, visit the Licensing Expo website.