The topics and speakers for next month’s Licensing Essentials Course and Licensing Debate have been confirmed by LIMA UK this morning.
Execs from Beanstalk, research firm Gfk, Rizon Studios, Chapman Productions, Blues Clothing and Kids Industries among others have agreed to speak on a variety of subjects.
Suitable for everyone from total beginners to old hands, the day is packed with seminars covering the best practice, essential licensing know-how, new opportunities and trends.
The event – which is being held on May 22nd at No. 11 Cavendish Square, London – kicks off with an essential introduction to licensing by LIMA UK MD Kelvyn Gardner. This will be followed by:
- Serena Sibald from Beanstalk on the role of the licensing agent
- Patrick Bailey from Blues Clothing on successful licensing from a licensee’s perspective
- Stuart Burns of Fisher Forensic on essential financial know-how
- Tahir Basheer of Sheridans Solicitors on essential legal know-how
- Wendy Munt of Be Inspired Consulting on making licensing work in-store for retailers, licensors and licensees
- Max Templeman of Gfk Research on scope and value of research into consumer products and licensing
- Gary Pope of Kids Industries on traditional vs digital play patterns and their effect on licensing
- Dave Collins from Rizon Studios on why great design is at the heart of successful licensing
The evening event will start at 5pm with the annual ‘Legendary Licensing Debate’. This year’s panel will include Keith Chapman of Chapman Productions, Paul Comben from Game of 2 Halves, Denise Penn from Dependable Solutions, Daniel Amos of Tinderbox and Jeremy Goldsmith of Event Merchandising taking questions from the audience.
The day is rounded off with the Spring Fling networking party, sponsored by The Beano.
"In one day participants will get enough information to understand how licensing works, how to go about it, the resources they need and who they need to work with – as well as exclusive insights into trends not available anywhere else," said Kelvyn Gardner. "Our Spring Fling networking party in the evening also gives people the opportunity to build valuable business relationships, discuss important issues and catch up with contacts."
For tickets, contact Ryan Beaird, LIMA membership services manager, on 01908 802 863 or email him by clicking here.