The four finalists have been revealed for Brand Licensing Europe’s annual License This! competition.
Now in its seventh year, the challenge offers those with brand new unlicensed creative concepts the opportunity to break into the global licensing industry.
The final takes place at the show on Thursday, October 13th when the four finalists will present their concepts to a live audience and the panel of judges, chaired by Kelvyn Gardner, Managing Director, LIMA UK.
The finalists are:
- May The Thoughts Be With You, presented by Charlotte Reed (pictures above) – a book of Charlotte’s own thoughts illustrated with cheerful, fun cartoon characters.
- I Like Birds, presented by Stuart Cox - beautiful bird-based greeting cards and designs.
- Super Geek Heroes, presented by David Lawrence Jones – animation based on a unique group of nursery school kids with friendly ‘super-powers’ derived from specific development areas of the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’ (EYFS).
- Chihuahua Hiyaa, presented by Ryan Winchcombe and Chris Berntsen - a TV show concept set in the fictional world of West Valley, California following the adventures of five young Chihuahuas.
“Having received 24 entries for the contest this year, the judging panel had a difficult task," said LIMA UK's Kelvyn Gardner.
"As ever, the calibre of entries was extremely high with lots of very interesting new property concepts. However, we felt the final four have strong licensing potential and we are looking forward to hearing their pitch at BLE.”
Gardner will be joined for the final panel by:
- Tom Gunn, Senior International Brand Director, Nickelodeon & Viacom Consumer Products
- Jane Evans, Director, JELC
- Sam Ferguson, Senior Director of Licensing & Retail, Jazwares
- Pat Reading, Licensing Director, UU Ltd
- Max Lister, Senior Licensing Manager, Natural History Museum
- Clare Piggot, Director of Licensing and Merchandising, Larkshead Media
- Pippa Smith, Childrenswear Licensed Character Coordinator, Marks & Spencer.
The four finalists will now compete for a chance to win the prize valued at over £6,000. The winner will receive a fully furnished nine square metre stand at BLE 2017 to bring the property to market, along with LIMA membership for one year and one ticket to the LIMA Licensing Essentials Course & Spring Fling Networking Party in May 2017.
Brand Licensing Europe 2016 takes place from October 11th to 13th 2016 at London’s Olympia.