LIMA has revealed the speaker line-up for its annual UK Licensing Essentials Course on May 3rd at the historic Long Room at Lord’s Cricket Ground, Marylebone, in London.
he Licensing Essentials Course will feature seminars on best practices, new opportunities in the industry, current trends and more, creating a relevant slate of topics for licensing professionals at every level of their career.
Among the timely topics to be covered during this full day of education and networking is First Steppers – A New Way of Merchandising to Kids Between Nursery and Pre-School along with a close look at several key licensing sectors, including fashion, music and events.
Kelvyn Gardner, Managing Director of LIMA UK, will kick off the day with an Introduction to Licensing session. Featured Licensing Essentials speakers include:
- Sam Ferguson, Jazwares – Making Licensing Work for Manufacturers
- Clara Fort, Brand Strategy Advice – Licensing Fashion Brands
- Jeremy Goldsmith, Event Merchandising – Music and Event Licensing
- Margaret Briffa, Briffa – Essential Legal Know-How
- Henna Riaz, 360 Audit – Essential Financial Know-How
- Gary Pope, Kids Industries – How Children and Their Parents Respond to Retail Environments
- Amanda Gummer and Trudi Bishop, First Steppers – A New Way of Merchandising to Kids Between Nursery and Pre-School
The second segment of this action-packed day begins at 5pm with the annual Legendary Licensing Debate – a lively discussion on licensing, ‘Question Time’ style. Following the debate will be the UK’s first networking event of the year, the annual Spring Fling Party, sponsored by brandcomply.com. Last year’s event drew over 150 senior industry executives.
“In one day, participants will get enough information to understand how licensing works, how to go about it, the resources they need and who they need to work with – as well as exclusive insights into trends not available anywhere else," commented Gardner.
"Our Spring Fling networking party in the evening also gives people the opportunity to build valuable business relationships, discuss important issues and catch up with contacts. Do not miss it!”