The International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association has detailed the speaker line-up for its upcoming UK Licensing Essentials Course.
Taking place on May 7th, topics set to be covered during this full day of education and networking include “How to Make Licensing Work In-store” and “The Effect of Traditional vs. Digital Play Patterns on Licensing.”
Kelvyn Gardner, managing director of LIMA UK, will kick off the day with an Introduction to Licensing session, which will be followed by speakers including:
- Mike Stagg, General Manager UK – Integrated Retail & Licensing from Disney Consumer Products – on managing licensing programs at retail
- Gurminder Panesar of Wiggin LLP – on essential legal know-how
- Henrique Carvalho of 360 Audit – on essential financial know-how
- Max Templeman of Gfk Research – on scope and value of research into consumer products & licensing
- Gary Pope of Kids Industries – on insights into child behaviour and the retail experience
- Dave Collins of Powerstation Studios – on why great design is at the heart of successful licensing
Part two of the day begins at 5pm with the annual Legendary Licensing Debate – a lively and often provocative discussion on licensing, ‘Question Time’ style.
Following the debate will be the Spring Fling networking party.
“In one day, participants will get enough information to understand how licensing works, how to go about it, the resources they need and who they need to work with – as well as exclusive insights into trends not available anywhere else," said Gardner.
"Our Spring Fling networking party in the evening also gives people the opportunity to build valuable business relationships, discuss important issues and catch up with contacts. Do not miss it.”
To make a booking, click here.