The Blair Partnership
The Blair Partnership manages brand, franchise and creative coordination across the Wizarding World™.
Product Development and Innovation Director.
The Blair Partnership manages brand, franchise and creative coordination across the Wizarding World™. This includes J.K. Rowling’s print and digital publishing, stage and theatrical rights, as well as the coordination of other brand and franchise-focussed commercial activity with partners, most notably Warner Bros. This role is an integral part of the Brand & Franchise Development Team.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This role is focussed on leading and facilitating the development of product and experience initiatives across the Wizarding World franchise (Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts) within the Brand & Franchise Development Team at The Blair Partnership. Working in partnership with key internal and external partners you will drive best-in-class product launches, faithfully representing J.K. Rowling and her work, reflecting the brand values of the Wizarding World, delivering on the global franchise plan and protecting the longevity, integrity and legacy of the franchise for generations to come.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Leads key strategic projects across multiple product categories and partners across the Wizarding World (categories include publishing, gaming, consumer products, themed entertainment, home entertainment and experiential/interactive experiences.).
- An expert negotiator and stakeholder manager, able to collaborate with partners and stakeholders at a senior level, dealing with complex and challenging situations.
- Provides leadership in line with the global franchise plan, remaining faithful to the Wizarding World canon and values in all aspects of creative development across projects, to drive quality and innovation.
- Supports Director of Innovation and Product Development on cross-franchise initiatives and key strategic projects.
- Owns and develops strategic plans across categories and projects.
- Proactively identifies product development opportunities & process improvements, and implements them by developing strategies, principles and guidelines with key internal and external partners.
- Leads on strategic calls and meetings with both internal and external stakeholders and effectively manages stakeholder relationships.
- Supports other members of the Brand and Franchise team, mentors and collaborates, lending their experience to support on key projects.
- Leads on future R&D projects within a variety of categories exploring innovative new products, experiences and categories for the franchise.
- Consistently demonstrates the TBP values through their work and interactions with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively participates in team meetings and leads workshops, closely collaborating with team members across projects, working together to improve ways of working and deliver on the franchise vision, goals and strategies as set out in the Global Franchise Plan.
- Considerable professional experience in a product development role.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Proven track record in a previous product development function and awareness of brand guardianship and franchise management.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative and innovative.
- Able to work across multiple projects simultaneously and deliver against tight deadlines.
- Has the ability to work autonomously and to remain agile and prioritise projects in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Strong team-working skills and the ability to maintain good working relationships with internal and external teams.