With over 2,500 characters, images and brands on display from more than 300 exhibitors, it can be hard to know where to start at BLE.
We’ve put together the definitive guide to this year’s show, including some of the more unusual sights you may see….
- Witness serious girl power in action with the launch of new property Spook Squad, Adventures Too Scary for Boys. No superpowers or fancy costumes, just wits, resourcefulness and imagination from four feisty girls.
- Meet Arthur, the 10-year protagonist in Arthur and the Minimoys – the latest license to join Studio 100’s portfolio.
- Look out for some new faces in the character parade, including Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman and a debut from PJ Masks at 11am on the first day.
- Get a whiff of scent historian, Odette Toilette, on the Imperial War Museum stand on Tuesday, who will talk through scents and products from the 1940s, using items from IWM’s collection to tell the story. Listen to her seminar ‘A Good Vintage: Licensing the 1940s with Imperial War Museums’ in the Brands & Lifestyle Theatre the same day at 3.30pm.
- Experience licensing brought to life in the new walk-through Product Showcase installation in the Brands & Lifestyle Zone.
- Join the club! If you’re a retailer, take advantage of BLE’s new Retail Licensing Club launching on 11th October at 4pm in the Retail Lounge.
- Meet your match. This year the show is offering a free matchmaking service for visitors to find the exhibitors they want to connect with in advance. Sign up and plan your meetings before you arrive.
- Take a gamble on which property the judges will choose as ‘the next big thing’ at the License This! final on Thursday at 12.30 in the Licensing Academy.
- Meet the 60 new exhibitors attending for the first time, including Paramount Pictures, Spook Squad Productions, Momot Global, Edutainment Licensing, Ludorum and Lil Critter Workshop.
- Celebrate the 150th anniversary of St. Pancras International as Golden Goose launches its iconic ‘best of British modern’ licensing programme and its new in-station pop up retail presence.
- Test your nerves on the Creative Licensing stand where the 1978 horror classic ‘John Carpenter’s Halloween’ franchise will be promoted.
- Meet Arty Mouse, Tiny Tusks and Super Geek Heroes characters, attending BLE for the first time on the Edutainment Licensing stand.
- Learn more about the amazing work KidsOut does with vulnerable and disadvantaged children, and find out about its licensing plans.
- Meet the Moon Aliens, a new brand comprising hundreds of colourful, original, life-forms from all over the universe who live deep inside the moon from sci-fi illustrator Danny Flynn.
- Understand how food and beverages can drive new licensing growth in a panel discussion led by Bruno Schwobthaler, author of ‘Licensing for Growth’, in the Brands & Lifestyle Theatre on Tuesday at 1.30pm.
- Gain an insight into how to manage a brand licensing programme in a panel date with experts including V&A, Cath Kidston, Beanstalk and Pink Key Consulting on Wednesday at 1.30pm.
- Unearth some treasures on the Royal Armouries stand, exhibiting for the first time and showcasing the untapped potential housed within its collection – spanning several thousand years across 75,000 items.
- Meet the Korean brand Momot, which is re-defining what you can make with paper.
- Meet Andrew Ainsworth, who made the Stormtrooper costumes for the Star Wars movies on Thursday and get one of the 100 copies of his signed limited edition print in the Golden Goose stand on Thursday at 11am.
- Start your day by understanding the essentials of licensing, with a half hour session from LIMA’s Kelvyn Gardner in the Licensing Academy at 9.30am each morning.
Now in its 18th year, BLE is the largest licensing event in Europe and runs from October 11th to 13th 2016 at Olympia, London. It is organised by UBM and sponsored by the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association (LIMA).
Registration is free at www.brandlicensing.eu.