The Fred Rogers Company has confirmed a renewal of its publishing partnership with Simon & Schuster for hit series Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood. The master publishing agreement has been extended until 2022.
In addition, Out of the Blue is adding new licensing partners for the brand in a range of consumer products categories, including Party City (party supplies) and Hallmark (Christmas ornaments), beginning this autumn.
“Simon & Schuster has been a wonderful partner for Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood and we’re so pleased that an even broader assortment of books will be available for children and families to enjoy well into the future,” said Paul Siefken, president and CEO of The Fred Rogers Company.
“We’re also excited to welcome these new partners into the family to provide fans with even more ways to learn and grow along with Daniel and his friends.”
“Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood continues to deeply resonate with kids and families nationwide and we are delighted to be working with these exceptional licensees to extend the fun and positive messages of the series beyond the screen,” added Samantha Freeman, co-founder and president of Out of the Blue Enterprises.
New licensing partners confirmed for the franchise include:
• Church & Dwight Co., Inc. – Toothbrush and Orajel toothpaste, set to arrive at retail autumn 2017
• Fabric Traditions – Printed fabric, due out spring 2018
• Hallmark – Series of three Christmas ornaments for holiday 2017, including a Hallmark Keepsake item available exclusively at Hallmark Gold Crown stores beginning in October, and two other designs to launch at mass market stores for holiday 2017
• Party City – Party goods, including tableware, décor, favors, balloons, and more, to launch fall 2017
• SCS Direct – Melamine tableware, icepacks and lunch bags, due out this fall
Beginning this fall, Jakks Pacific will extend its offerings to include the new Sing Along with Daniel Tiger, a karaoke machine and a line of toddler bedding from Jay Franco will make its debut. This collection follows a recently launched range of juvenile bedding from Jay Franco that will receive expanded distribution starting this autumn.